Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region predictions

Featured Replies

Who all do you think will be the teams competing in the 9th region tourney this year?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all do you think will be the teams competing in the 9th region tourney this year?

Cov Cath

Beechwood

Ryle

Conner

Dixie

St. Henry

Highlands

Ncc

Cov Cath

Beechwood

Ryle

Conner

Dixie

St. Henry

Highlands

Ncc

 

I would say that the only 2 of these that are even in doubt would be Conner, St. Henry & Beechwood.

What are the match-ups in the Districts for the 9th?

Actually it looks like I need the match-ups for the 34 District. Who knows what they are?

36th

Highlands

NCC

These 2 should come out of the district easy. It is the weakest district!

 

35th

CCH

Holy Cross

CCH looks to have gotten the luck of the draw and should be there for sure. I give HC a very very slight edge since these 2 teams have played against each other with Beechwood taking those games. I wouldn't be surprised if Beechwood did actually win though.

 

34th

Need the match-ups

 

33rd

Ryle

Boone County

This is bar none the toughest district to call IMO. I feel that there seems to be a lot of things going on with Conner, but hard to keep them out. No surprise if they get in also.

 

My Darkhorse in this would be Cooper. They are scary and being a betting man, I will probably take this one since the odds of Cooper beating them look to be in a betting mans favor as far as payouts go. :ylsuper:

33rd- toughest district to call. I say Ryle and Conner. Cooper and Boone are tough draws though

34th- Dixie/lloyd. I'm taking Lloyd in a minor upset of St. Henry

35th- CovCath/Beechwood. BW over HC in a tough first round matchup

36th- NCC/Highlands. Bellevue just gave CovCath fits so NCC better be ready.

 

9th region is wide open. Out of the 8 teams that qualify, 5 will have a legitimate chance to win it.

The region is still about pitching IMO as well as defense.

 

I'm totally ignorant as to Ryle's pitching. I will assume they have a couple of strong pitchers. NCC has 2 strong pitchers. HHS has strong pitching. Conner losing Maines on the bump hurts them.

 

So based off of my theory about pitching I say it will be Ryle, NCC, or HHS (although HHS offense is a concern). Dark horses are CCH and Conner.

Going with the Tigers as my darkhorse. Saw online they have given up fewer runs than any other team in 9th. With emergence of John Randolph as a legit hammer in the rotation, they are very deep on the hill. Combs is probably their 4th starter, and I saw him shut out Lloyd couple weeks ago. Got a text that said he did same last night vs Bourbon County in a 7-0 Tigers win in Paris. They do struggle to score runs, but if defense and pitching win it, they have a shot.

Going with the Tigers as my darkhorse. Saw online they have given up fewer runs than any other team in 9th. With emergence of John Randolph as a legit hammer in the rotation, they are very deep on the hill. Combs is probably their 4th starter, and I saw him shut out Lloyd couple weeks ago. Got a text that said he did same last night vs Bourbon County in a 7-0 Tigers win in Paris. They do struggle to score runs, but if defense and pitching win it, they have a shot.

 

I agree with this. My only concern is them getting to the region. Holy Cross could beat them in the districts.

 

Same with why it is tough to pick Conner. They may not get out of the 33rd. If they do, they will be a tough out. I do not see CCH winning the Region. I could see NCC taking it too. They are battle tested and Couch Schulkens is underrated, if that is possible for a guy who has regional crowns to his credit.

After what happened last year I think it's safe to say that this whole region is wide open. Whoever gets out of district is going to have a chance to take home the prize. Should be a lot of fun! But ill go with HHS to win it and go to Whitaker.

Hard to predict a winner at this point when you don't know who is playing. Heck, Ryle is the best team in the region for the first time I can remember (based on regular season performance) and that means nothing in a one-game situation against a decent team. Boone could easily beat Conner. HC could take down the Beechies and St H and Lloyd is probably a coin flip. Only half the teams have easy rides to region IMHO. Once there, draw is big. First 2 games NCC has 2 really good pitchers. Ryle has plenty of good pitching for game 3 if they get there and would be my favorite should they be fortunate enough to get to the finals. Good luck to all players!

I should have added that the other 35th team could be on my darkhorse list as well.

 

The only district I know the champ won't come from is the 34th.

I should have added that the other 35th team could be on my darkhorse list as well.

 

The only district I know the champ won't come from is the 34th.

 

Boo, Hiss. I wouldn't be too confident about that. This is baseball and anything can happen in a one and out scenario. Lest you forget last year that the worst team to make the tourney made it to within one game of winning it.

Boo, Hiss. I wouldn't be too confident about that. This is baseball and anything can happen in a one and out scenario. Lest you forget last year that the worst team to make the tourney made it to within one game of winning it.

 

Amen. Dixie is a solid team and could be a solid team come playoff time

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.