The 2013 Kentucky Derby

hoosierbirdfan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be worse than ever with River Downs being under construction. We are getting there around 3.

I don't remember what time it was, but I went to Turfway last you on Derby Day, early afternoon and the place was dead.

I think I'm heading there about 2. Have me a couple beers, make way too many bets on trifectas and exactas and bounce lol.

I hit an Exacta today in one race only to watch as one of the horses was disqualified...talk about letting the wind out of the sails lol.

I hate when that happens.

Yesterday when I went to Turfway I ran into a friend who jokingly told me that "I have a gambling problem". I replied that "it's no problem at all, just walk up to the window and make a bet". :thumb:

I hate when that happens.

Yesterday when I went to Turfway I ran into a friend who jokingly told me that "I have a gambling problem". I replied that "it's no problem at all, just walk up to the window and make a bet". :thumb:

I've had a few tell me the same. I said, "It ain't a problem if ya win" haha!

I don't remember what time it was, but I went to Turfway last you on Derby Day, early afternoon and the place was dead.

I think I'm heading there about 2. Have me a couple beers, make way too many bets on trifectas and exactas and bounce lol.

I'll be there at 3, give me some winners before the Debry so I can really hit it hard. :D With River Downs being closed I'm sure it will be packed.

Cool things of the entire day to me:

Horse named St X wins his race.

Horse named Bellarmine wins his race.

McPeek (Kentucky guy) had a great day at the track despite not winning the Derby.

McGaughey (Kentucky guy) wins Derby.

More I can't remember right now...

Great day for Kentucky!

I sort of think that exactas box are your best bet chance for your money. I think the $2 bet last year won you like $550, but I could be wrong.

Read some numbers the other day:

Superfecta

20 horses: 116,280 combinations

19 horses: 93,024 combinations

Trifecta

20: 6840 combinations

19: 5814 combinations

Exacta

20: 380 combinations

19: 342 combinations

Throw a nice chunk of change in a coupe places, get some bourbon, and hope to celebrate. Love the derby!

I have found boxing 3 horses for the exacta does well. $1 box is $6 per race. Especially good if there is a strong favorite that will not pay much even if you hit it on the nose.