The 2013 Kentucky Derby

hoosierbirdfan

Thanks. I always play trifecta boxes and pick 2 to WPS when at Keeneland. Not sure if I want to do the superfecta of not. I don't feel confident about it.

I sort of think that exactas box are your best bet chance for your money. I think the $2 bet last year won you like $550, but I could be wrong.

Read some numbers the other day:

Superfecta

20 horses: 116,280 combinations

19 horses: 93,024 combinations

Trifecta

20: 6840 combinations

19: 5814 combinations

Exacta

20: 380 combinations

19: 342 combinations

Throw a nice chunk of change in a coupe places, get some bourbon, and hope to celebrate. Love the derby!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second, it is so much darn fun and is so exciting and as a Kentuckian it is your duty to support the race.
I must be un-Kentuckian then, lol. I have no interest in the sport or the Derby, it just doesn't grab me.

There have been a number of black jockeys win the Kentucky Derby. In fact, Oliver Lewis won the very first Derby in 1875. Isaac Murphy won it three times. Fifteen of the first 28 runnings of the Derby were won by black jocks. Racism largely pushed them out of the sport by the 1920s. No black jockeys rode in the Derby from 1921-1999.

Krigger is trying to become the first black jockey to win the Derby in more than a century — the last one being in 1902.

Thanks for the correction. :thumb: My source was the internet.

I'm going to advance wager this morning at Turfway Park for the Derby. I will play a daily double with The Oaks/ Derby. I, before reading the form, will play a super box with Revolutionary, Normandy Invasion, Lines of Battle, and Java's war.

For those asking about the super, you can get a quick pick wager in which you let the machine spit out the numbers at random for your bet. Sometimes this is called a lottery pick.

For those asking about the super, you can get a quick pick wager in which you let the machine spit out the numbers at random for your bet. Sometimes this is called a lottery pick.

Can you bet a .50 superfecta box? Which would cost $12?

I like what you did there with your Superfecta. I'm betting a trifecta with Revolutionary, Normandy Invansion, and Java's War for the same reason!

I'm placing my bets tomorrow at Turfway as well.

I know nothing about horses so I am going with the names and color. Going with Goldencents, Golden Soul and the gray horse.

I took my daughter, who was six years old at that time, to River Downs and she picked 6 winners in a row by picking names and numbers. I lost my shirt that day. :lol2: Good luck!!

I'm going in with a couple people and doing a number of Tri keys. Way to many to list.

I just got back from Turfway, man it's crazy already. I got there when the doors opened this morning, they had one person selling the programs and I stood in line about 10 minutes.

I decided not to play any supers ,but, did play some 50 cent tri boxes.

I'll be at Turfway for a while tomorrow making some bets. Should be a good time. Hopefully I win.

I'm heading there between 10-10:30....Doesn't open till 10, but should be able to have a beer or two while I digest the program and place my bets. I love Derby day.

I just got back from Turfway, man it's crazy already. I got there when the doors opened this morning, they had one person selling the programs and I stood in line about 10 minutes.

I decided not to play any supers ,but, did play some 50 cent tri boxes.

I'm heading there between 10-10:30....Doesn't open till 10, but should be able to have a beer or two while I digest the program and place my bets. I love Derby day.

It will be worse than ever with River Downs being under construction. We are getting there around 3.