Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino's replacement

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Travis Ford be a possibility depending on how the next couple of seasons go for him at Oklahoma State?

Would Travis Ford be a possibility depending on how the next couple of seasons go for him at Oklahoma State?

 

Rick pushed hard for him at UK. I wonder how hard he would push for him to Louisville?

Rick is going nowhere soon. The landscape changes fast on the coaching front and will look quite different in 4 to 5 years. Rick will not repeat his previous mistake and walk away from a great thing. He understands that he has the second best job that he ever had or ever will get.

 

Read an interesting article last week about how Rick had accepted the Michigan job, then pulled out and took the L ville job after his wife cursed him. He had told his wife that 'the Kentucky coach can't be the coach at Louisville.'

 

Rick understands what he has and he will not walk away.

Rick is going nowhere soon. The landscape changes fast on the coaching front and will look quite different in 4 to 5 years. Rick will not repeat his previous mistake and walk away from a great thing. He understands that he has the second best job that he ever had or ever will get.

 

Read an interesting article last week about how Rick had accepted the Michigan job, then pulled out and took the L ville job after his wife cursed him. He had told his wife that 'the Kentucky coach can't be the coach at Louisville.'

 

Rick understands what he has and he will not walk away.

 

I've wondered what Rick's legacy will eventually be for UK fans after he retires from Louisville. Champions are often redeemed simply by winning. I don't like Rick but I respect him and am greatful for him. Without Pitino UK would likely be a lesser UCLA. I think the Cal years will help UK get over Pitino, just as long as Cal wins more titles than RP does at Louisville.

I've wondered what Rick's legacy will eventually be for UK fans after he retires from Louisville. Champions are often redeemed simply by winning. I don't like Rick but I respect him and am greatful for him. Without Pitino UK would likely be a lesser UCLA. I think the Cal years will help UK get over Pitino, just as long as Cal wins more titles than RP does at Louisville.

 

I think eventually almost the entire fanbase will come around. It may not be until Rick retires that some begin to let it go. Once he's not the UL coach, I'd like to think that UK will reach out to him more for things. One thing that is going to make it more difficult for some is that I believe we've progressed beyond the point where he was UK's coach that moved on to Louisville. His lasting legacy now will most likely be that he's Louisville's coach that once coached at UK.

I'd say the 3 finalists would be Kevin Willard, Mick Cronin and Richard Pitino. I'd love to see who gets it from that group.

 

 

How old is Cronin?

I'd say the 3 finalists would be Kevin Willard, Mick Cronin and Richard Pitino. I'd love to see who gets it from that group.

 

 

How old is Cronin?

Mick is 41...

  • Author
Mick is 41...

 

 

Wow. I had no idea he was that young. How long has he been at UC as a head coach?

Wow. I had no idea he was that young. How long has he been at UC as a head coach?

 

Been at UC for 7 years and a head coach for 10...

I'd say the 3 finalists would be Kevin Willard, Mick Cronin and Richard Pitino. I'd love to see who gets it from that group.

 

 

How old is Cronin?

 

As a UofL fan and alum none of those choices would excite me. Cronin is going on his 8th year at Cincy and has not done much, Willard doesnt seem to be getting Seton Hall anywhere, And Jr will have to prove himself at Minnesota first.

Been at UC for 7 years and a head coach for 10...

 

Like I said going on his 8th year. How long do you get to build a program into a top 10 contender. They have been in the best basketball conference and have had some succes but not consistant. Not a Cronin hater he is a decent coach. I just dont think he has done enough to warrant replacing Rick Pitino. UofL has had only two coaches since 1971 Crum & Pitino. They are now both HOFers. I think you have to go after a big name coach. The program warrents it. I would make Donavan and Stevens right now say no to me.

Am I missing something with the Donovan thing? With all the ties to UK, he still turned them down. What would make him go to UL?

Not sure he would he obviously likes it at Florida. I think he goes because he will be asked by Pitino and Jurich. Donavan would be in the ACC and the east coast where he is from. Donavan was an assistant at UK and maybe he understands the demands of that job and feels its not for him. UK is an obvious top Job. However, It is not for everyone. Heck wasn't Pitino the 3rd or fourth choice when he was hired at UK? UofL doesnt have the same demands on a coach that UK has.

Am I missing something with the Donovan thing? With all the ties to UK, he still turned them down. What would make him go to UL?

 

My observation with Donovan is that he didn't want to be in-state while Rick was at UL. Or maybe he just likes being able to coach at a good program without it being a pressure-cooker at the same time. He has very little pressure at Florida. UL would certainly be a step-up in terms of that, but not like UK. Just my thoughts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.