Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino's replacement

Featured Replies

Let's say this championship speeds up Coach Pitino's retirement plans, and he announces his retirement in the next couple of weeks. Who does Louisville go after?

 

Brad Stevens?

Billy Donovan?

 

What other names would you expect to hear?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll stay long enough for Ricky Jr. to gain enough experience and success to take over when he leaves.

I don't see it happening this quickly; I think he's around at least a couple of more seasons. If it was to happen though, I believe that Stevens and Smart would be pursued the strongest.

He'll stay long enough for Ricky Jr. to gain enough experience and success to take over when he leaves.

 

This is what I think will happen.

Interesting hypothetical, but it's not happening- he likes who he has and who's coming in, and I think UKMF has a good point beside that. He'll at least want Richard to have a shot at the job, and there's no way he could this year.

 

But just to play the parlor game, Donovan is who would get the first call, IMO.

He ain't going nowhere.

I personally don't think that Pitino's son will be the next UL coach. That imo would be a mistake for UL and young Pitino. Maybe two coaches from now. I wouldn't think that young Pitino wold want to follow his dad. A coach like him imo doesn't want to "be the man that follows his dad". He may want to " follow the man that follows his dad", less pressure.

 

BTW.....I do not think that Rick Pitino is going anywhere anytime real soon.

I believe his replacement will come from Minnesota..

Lots of good options today, although they don't need a coach today. I think what Pitino has done has elevated that job to one of the top 4 or 5 in the country, along with Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and Duke. I don't think Louisville would have the trouble finding a coach like UCLA did.

Cronin, Mick...

 

Ive always wondered if Mick would go back to UofL if it ever came open. With them moving to the ACC I think he would be a strong candidate.

He needs to retire sooner than later. He looks terrible. HD tv is not his friend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.