Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can You Root For a Rival?

Featured Replies

From the UL thread - figured it deserves its own thread.

 

My contention is simple.

 

If you consider Team A to be your "heated/hated rival" then you cannot pull for them EVER. If you do then they do not meet the definition of hated rival.

 

Who's with me?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 99% with you as I don't think I have ever cheered for a heated rival. This year's Louisville team is in the 1% exception for me. I think the injury to Ware and the way this team responded transcends the normal for me.

Dodgers would be the only team I've ever considered a "hated rival" then.

What if your hated rival winning a game is the only way your team gets to postseason play?

I mean if you say you HATE said team, I would agree. I don't HATE UK... I just dislike them.

  • Author
What if your hated rival winning a game is the only way your team gets to postseason play?

 

That's different. You're voting for them BECAUSE of your team.

That's different. You're voting for them BECAUSE of your team.

 

Nope... Not what you said.

 

If you consider Team A to be your "heated/hated rival" then you cannot pull for them EVER.

  • Author
Nope... Not what you said.

 

Fine. Let me add "unless it helps your team."

I'll never root for UL.

 

Good. :thumb:

I am with you. Pittsburgh Steelers would be the only team that I can put in the category. I was rooting for UL. yesterday.

Same here... I've never wanted Xavier to win a game, ever.

Sometimes a teams fans will turn me against them. So I may be against them winning. Not because of the players/team itself, but because of some fans.

  • Author
Same here... I've never wanted Xavier to win a game, ever.

 

As a Xavier fan let me say I FULLY appreciate and understand that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.