Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can You Root For a Rival?

Featured Replies

There's a difference between not rooting for your rival and not liking a person or not being cordial to a person because they support your rival. Those folks are embarrassing.

 

Great post. :thumb:

For most that know the area in NEKY that I am from know that Raceland and Fairview are heated/hate arch rivals. I am 55yrs. old and yes, to this day I will always loathe that school/team located in/next to Ashland. I no doubt will die despising Fairview. I also, quite surprising to some :D , have friends in that community that despise Raceland and that attended school there (Fairview) when I was in school at Raceland.

I guess it is what you might call a mutual disrespect of one another's team, I call it good, clean old fashion hate. :lol2:

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe I've ever rooted for Louisville or North Carolina.

 

As far as people go, there aren't very many that I hate because of their sports allegiance(s). The only ones I can think of are PP92, GrizzlyAdams & Getslow. And after I kill them, I won't hate anyone anymore.

Me believing you shouldn't root for a rival doesn't make me immature, irrational, or crazy. It's what makes sports so great-- passion and pride. I cheer on my teams as hard as anyone, but I can also say I've never flipped off, cussed at, thrown objects at an opposing fan just for simply being a fan of another team. Win/lose with class is what I was always taught, but being merely loyal to my team is not wrong.

I don't believe I've ever rooted for Louisville or North Carolina.

 

As far as people go, there aren't very many that I hate because of their sports allegiance(s). The only ones I can think of are PP92, GrizzlyAdams & Getslow. And after I kill them, I won't hate anyone anymore.

 

I'll be waiting. You'll find me a more than capable Roadrunner to your Wile E. Coyote.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.