March 24, 201313 yr I told someone this a while ago. John Calapari at UCLA just wouldn't be fair. With that said I'm glad he's happy at UK.
March 24, 201313 yr Howland had that run with UCLA where they went to three consecutive Final Fours (2006-2008), finishing as national runner-up in 2006. His teams were 97-17 during that three year stretch. How did things fall apart?
March 24, 201313 yr He lost control and then he lost the confidence of the administration. Bill Walton>Ben Howland.
March 24, 201313 yr He lost control and then he lost the confidence of the administration. Bill Walton>Ben Howland.^this, he has been on him for a while
March 24, 201313 yr You wonder if this is the move Mark Few makes. He obviously can coach, but the Gonzaga program seems to have hit a ceiling.
March 24, 201313 yr If I am UCLA, I go to either Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart and have them fill in the blanks on the contract. This isn't UCLA's normal m.o., though. They normally try to do things on the cheap.
March 24, 201313 yr You wonder if this is the move Mark Few makes. He obviously can coach, but the Gonzaga program seems to have hit a ceiling. I'm wondering the same.
March 24, 201313 yr Few, Stevens and Smart. I'd love to see who they picked from those three finalists.
March 24, 201313 yr Smart would be great for UCLA. Smart has a ton of teams east of the Mississippi to compete with on the recruiting trail. Imagine what he could do with his pressing style and the UCLA brand.
March 24, 201313 yr Author Uh oh.... MT @goodmancbs UCLA statement: Contrary to multiple media reports, UCLA has not fired MBB coach Ben Howland
March 24, 201313 yr Was just watching SportcenterU, Andy Katz as much as said Howland was gone without flat out saying it. Katz also said that he knew the UCLA AD was really high on VCU coach S. Smart. I wonder if UCLA fired Howland or did Bill Walton :lol2:? Walton has been trashing Howland all season, brought it up everytime that I watched UCLA and Walton was calling it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.