March 24, 201313 yr Few, Stevens and Smart. I'd love to see who they picked from those three finalists. If I am the AD at any major program looking for a coach then Brad Stevens is the first one that I call to offer the job, no question. Anyone else would be a very distance 2nd choice.
March 24, 201313 yr Ifffffff UCLA fired Howland then I'd say they've got someone in the works. Few, Smart and a couple others scare me.
March 24, 201313 yr Sounds to me like there are some severence issues to work out before they show him the door.
March 24, 201313 yr Why would you want to coach at UCLA, they can't even fire a coach correctly. Wait did any of the people in charge at UCLA used to work at Beechwood?
March 24, 201313 yr Ifffffff UCLA fired Howland then I'd say they've got someone in the works. Few' date=' Smart and a couple others scare me.[/quote'] Scare you? Why?
March 24, 201313 yr UCLA should insist that Bill Walton take the job so that Ben Howland could crucify him from the commentator chair! If Howland wants to coach next year, he will get a job a lot quicker than UCLA will fill theirs. I thought Walton using his commentator position to push his agenda for Howland's replacement disgusting!
March 25, 201313 yr Ok so now he is fired................Geez the basketball program has been in disarray for a few years now. The SI article really was the kiss of death. Just did not want to pull the trigger with the recruiting class they had coming in. Finished the season with 7 scholarship players available to play..........What a mess!
March 25, 201313 yr Bovada has the odds on the next UCLA coach as follows: Smart: 3-1 Pastner: 5-1 Cronin: 6-1 Jay Wright: 7-1 Jeff Van Gundy: 9-1
March 25, 201313 yr Tubby Smith to UCLA?! It wouldn't happen, but if it did, how many coaches could say they coached at 2 of the premier programs in college basketball? Pitino. Roy Williams. Larry Brown.
March 25, 201313 yr Bovada has the odds on the next UCLA coach as follows: Smart: 3-1 Pastner: 5-1 Cronin: 6-1 Jay Wright: 7-1 Jeff Van Gundy: 9-1 Mick Cronin?
March 25, 201313 yr No disrespect, but why in the world would UCLA hire Pastner? I'm going to co-sponsor this question, but with a minor alteration... Much disrespect -- this dude couldn't coach his way out of a paper sack -- why in the world would UCLA hire Pastner? They want another coach to go out and get amazing recruits with no ability to coach them? Why don't they go after Rick Barnes?
March 25, 201313 yr No disrespect, but why in the world would UCLA hire Pastner? Good recruiter, young, and west coast ties.
March 25, 201313 yr Author Good recruiter, young, and west coast ties. And can't coach...I watched Memphis this season in person. With the talent on their roster, there's no way that team shouldn't be in the Sweet 16 right now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.