March 26, 201313 yr Adam Zagoria is reporting that UCLA boosters want Mark Gottfried....Umm, why? Dude couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.
March 27, 201313 yr Adam Zagoria is reporting that UCLA boosters want Mark Gottfried....Umm, why? Dude couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. I have never thought Gottfried is as bad as people make him out to be, but not necessarily that great of a coach either. I can't say he underperformed at Alabama, he was just another coach at Alabama that had some highs and lows. Gottfried was an assistant under Jim Harrick at UCLA in the mid-90s before taking his first head coaching gig at Murray State where he did a great job. I put him in the Steve Alford / Tommy Amaker category. Can do good things in non-BCS situations.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.