Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Tourney Attendance

Featured Replies

I know it's only the first round and only a Friday butt does it seem like its REALLY REALLY empty at these games? Maybe I'm just used to UK attendance but these games seem dead as far as attendance is concerned. As I mention this the announcers are talking about the attendance.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conversely, I saw where TV ratings were really strong yesterday.

The economy has never recovered from back when along with the gas gouging going on, most fans are staying home and watching.

Ticket prices are way too high. If I wouldn't have gotten my tix really cheap on Thursday, I wouldn't have gone to the games. 78.80 face value to sit in upper level at Rupp. It alienates the locals to go to the game. The way the prices are set up, it only appeals to the teams in the tournament with their fans, not the casual basketball fan. I was super impressed with the tournout of Davidson and Colorado State fans though. Davidson probably had 300 students there. For a school of 1700 not too shabby.

Looks like a WNBA game at the arena where UNC is playing Villanove.

  • Author
Conversely' date=' I saw where TV ratings were really strong yesterday.[/quote']

 

 

 

Haha I believe it everyone's at home saving money.

With few exceptions of teams playing relatively close to home it is how most NCAA tournaments are.

With few exceptions of teams playing relatively close to home it is how most NCAA tournaments are.

 

With the TV experience the way it is now why would you bother going?

How is attendance Rupp? I would think the 'Ville folks would be filling the arena??

The K-State Lasalle game was packed out.

How is attendance Rupp? I would think the 'Ville folks would be filling the arena??

 

It was during the UofL game. Lots of empty seats for the Mizzu/Col State game, though.

Well, it's like $280 to sit in good seats and at least $75 to sit in upper arena at almost every venue. I'm just not paying that much honestly.

How is attendance Rupp? I would think the 'Ville folks would be filling the arena??

 

I often go to NCAA events so I get special invites to games. That being said, I could have bought 45 or 85 dollar Tix for the next round of games.

Not sold out as of today.

Does UK sell out every game?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.