Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Tourney Attendance

Featured Replies

Rupp Seats.jpg

 

This is where I sat last night.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they dropped the tickets down about $20, enough for $80 to cover two games ($30 each game), parking ($10), and may a snack and a coke ($10), I think more people would come. $30, even $40 is not really a bad price to see a NCAA tournament game. What are the value of UK per game tickets to sit up top? Aren't they around $30 also?

If they dropped the tickets down about $20, enough for $80 to cover two games ($30 each game), parking ($10), and may a snack and a coke ($10), I think more people would come. $30, even $40 is not really a bad price to see a NCAA tournament game. What are the value of UK per game tickets to sit up top? Aren't they around $30 also?

 

Not sure , but we have lower level UK season tickets and they are $45 each.

First game tonight isn't any better. Attendance is horrible.

As ticket prices keep going up, more people will stay home. Before too long they will find a way to stop having ALL these games on TV, because attendance will be so low.

As ticket prices keep going up' date=' more people will stay home. Before too long they will find a way to stop having ALL these games on TV, because attendance will be so low.[/quote']

 

I don't think they'll stop showing all the games. That's a big ratings draw and I'm sure the NCAA makes money on that as well. Plus I don't think not showing first round games will cause people to want to go instead of staying home.

 

 

I agree with the raising of ticket prices though. That and travel costs in general.

I don't think they'll stop showing all the games. That's a big ratings draw and I'm sure the NCAA makes money on that as well. Plus I don't think not showing first round games will cause people to want to go instead of staying home.

 

 

I agree with the raising of ticket prices though. That and travel costs in general.

 

Plus I didn't even think about this. They'll just start putting teams where they want to get the attendance to go up...

 

Plus I didn't even think about this. They'll just start putting teams where they want to get the attendance to go up...

 

I could see that.

So how many of these NCAA tournament games before the final four are played in something bigger than a normal college gym?

 

 

Playing in these bigger arenas early on can lose money as well..

 

NCAA needs to lower average ticket prices IMO.

Plus I didn't even think about this. They'll just start putting teams where they want to get the attendance to go up...

 

PPV viewing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.