Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Robert Morris 59 Kentucky 57

Featured Replies

"Robert Morris" is still trending on Twitter.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who followed UK and college basketball this season could see this one coming from a mile away. Tough year. This is EASILY an NCAA team with Noel healthy. Glad this year is over.

Anyone who followed UK and college basketball this season could see this one coming from a mile away. Tough year. This is EASILY an NCAA team with Noel healthy. Glad this year is over.

 

No kidding. The shocking story would have been had they come out and dominated the Morrises.

:lol: I second this

 

I'm still laughing from last year when Lehigh had a bigger upset than this. I can't remember who they played as a 15 seed though. I'm sure it will come to me soon. :D

  • Author
I'm still laughing from last year when Lehigh had a bigger upset than this. I can't remember who they played as a 15 seed though. I'm sure it will come to me soon. :D

 

You're out of your mind if you think Lehigh is a bigger upset than this.

 

Defending NCAA champion is a 1 seed in the NIT playing against 8 seeded Robert Lawrence. The fact that The University of Kentucky Men's Basketball Team wasn't a.) good enough to make the expanded field of 68 in the real tournament....One Shining Moment.....(not even in a 16 vs 16 Play In game) and then b.) proceeded to lose in the first round of a tourney that absolutely nobody in the world cares about except for ESPN and then add in the fact that c.) UK and their rabid, passionate and loyal fans proclaim to be the best Men's Basketball to ever grace the court in college basketball and there you have it. Robert Lawrence upset > Lehigh upset.

 

 

I'm sure as a stereotypical UK fan you will choose to live in denial though. That's cool. It's expected.

You're out of your mind if you think Lehigh is a bigger upset than this.

 

Defending NCAA champion is a 1 seed in the NIT playing against 8 seeded Robert Lawrence. The fact that The University of Kentucky Men's Basketball Team wasn't a.) good enough to make the expanded field of 68 in the real tournament....One Shining Moment.....(not even in a 16 vs 16 Play In game) and then b.) proceeded to lose in the first round of a tourney that absolutely nobody in the world cares about except for ESPN and then add in the fact that c.) UK and their rabid, passionate and loyal fans proclaim to be the best Men's Basketball to ever grace the court in college basketball and there you have it. Robert Lawrence upset > Lehigh upset.

 

 

I'm sure as a stereotypical UK fan you will choose to live in denial though. That's cool. It's expected.

 

If it's a regular season game & Robert (Lawrence :lol2:) Morris beats UK, I agree. But 9 out of 25 people in our prediction thread took RM over UK. I don't think 9 out of 25 would have taken Lehigh over Duke.

 

It's a loss that should have never happened, but UK was as down & unconcerned as they could be while RM was giddy to have the opportunity to host UK. I predicted RM would win because of that. No way would I have picked Lehigh over Duke.

You're out of your mind if you think Lehigh is a bigger upset than this.

 

Defending NCAA champion is a 1 seed in the NIT playing against 8 seeded Robert Lawrence. The fact that The University of Kentucky Men's Basketball Team wasn't a.) good enough to make the expanded field of 68 in the real tournament....One Shining Moment.....(not even in a 16 vs 16 Play In game) and then b.) proceeded to lose in the first round of a tourney that absolutely nobody in the world cares about except for ESPN and then add in the fact that c.) UK and their rabid, passionate and loyal fans proclaim to be the best Men's Basketball to ever grace the court in college basketball and there you have it. Robert Lawrence upset > Lehigh upset.

 

 

I'm sure as a stereotypical UK fan you will choose to live in denial though. That's cool. It's expected.

No way last night was a huger upset. Maybe more newsworthy due to the pageantry of playing in the Robert Morris' gym and it being a slow sport's night, but UK was barely favored in the game. You are comparing an NIT team in UK to a #2 seed (Duke) in the NCAA tournament. But if that makes you sleep better tonight then have at it...
  • Author
If it's a regular season game & Robert (Lawrence :lol2:) Morris beats UK, I agree. But 9 out of 25 people in our prediction thread took RM over UK. I don't think 9 out of 25 would have taken Lehigh over Duke.

 

It's a loss that should have never happened, but UK was as down & unconcerned as they could be while RM was giddy to have the opportunity to host UK. I predicted RM would win because of that. No way would I have picked Lehigh over Duke.

 

Good point. I picked Robert Lawrence...I mean Morris out of spite. I didn't think they would win. Shoot, I expected Wiltjer to make that shot. It wasn't until they actually that it sunk in. You make a good point. There were people who actually expected RM to win. I know UKMF picked them and a few others as well. Someone did pick UK by 33 and while I am certain that a decent amount of UK fans felt that way I do think more people expected Duke to beat Lehigh than UK to beat RM.

  • Author
No way last night was a huger upset. Maybe more newsworthy due to the pageantry of playing in the Robert Morris' gym and it being a slow sport's night, but UK was barely favored in the game. You are comparing an NIT team in UK to a #2 seed (Duke) in the NCAA tournament. But if that makes you sleep better tonight then have at it...

 

 

Whatever you want to tell yourself. More newsworthy means better. #1 overall seed in a garbage tournament and you can't beat a school named after a dude that has a gym smaller than 50% of the high school gyms here in Ky? Whatever you want to tell yourself.

 

 

And I slept like a baby last night. Cried myself to sleep in laughter.:lol::lol::lol:

Good point. I picked Robert Lawrence...I mean Morris out of spite. I didn't think they would win. Shoot, I expected Wiltjer to make that shot. It wasn't until they actually that it sunk in. You make a good point. There were people who actually expected RM to win. I know UKMF picked them and a few others as well. Someone did pick UK by 33 and while I am certain that a decent amount of UK fans felt that way I do think more people expected Duke to beat Lehigh than UK to beat RM.

 

I haven't checked if we had a Duke/Lehigh thread, but I'm sure we could go back & look at the old BGP March Madness contest if we really wanted.

 

Neither loss is good & I'd rather have Duke's loss to Lehigh than UK's loss to Robert Redford. Simply because of NCAA vs. NIT. From my vantage point, that's the only difference between the two.

 

It would be a perfect storm for you if Duke won this year. Beat UK. UK loses in NIT 1st round to Robert Frost. Duke wins the title. If that happened, my body would run out of hatred.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. More newsworthy means better. #1 overall seed in a garbage tournament and you can't beat a school named after a dude that has a gym smaller than 50% of the high school gyms here in Ky? Whatever you want to tell yourself.

 

 

And I slept like a baby last night. Cried myself to sleep in laughter.:lol::lol::lol:

You didn't say better, you said "bigger". And you know it wasn't.
I haven't checked if we had a Duke/Lehigh thread, but I'm sure we could go back & look at the old BGP March Madness contest if we really wanted.

 

Neither loss is good & I'd rather have Duke's loss to Lehigh than UK's loss to Robert Redford. Simply because of NCAA vs. NIT. From my vantage point, that's the only difference between the two.

 

It would be a perfect storm for you if Duke won this year. Beat UK. UK loses in NIT 1st round to Robert Frost. Duke wins the title. If that happened, my body would run out of hatred.

 

I might have to take that long walk to the nearest bridge!

I might have to take that long walk to the nearest bridge!

 

I don't want Duke to win at all. But I'd MUCH rather see them cut the nets down over UL or IU.

I don't want Duke to win at all. But I'd MUCH rather see them cut the nets down over UL or IU.

 

Really??! Duke over UL?

I don't want Duke to win at all. But I'd MUCH rather see them cut the nets down over UL or IU.

 

Well, that would still result in the long walk to the bridge as well. Its world ending of course, if any of the above were to win.

 

Obviously I'm kidding...I picked the Dukies to win in one of my 9,275,645 brackets.

Edited by Lucky Charms

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.