Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Erik Goetz Leaves Holy Cross

Featured Replies

Is he qualified for it? Better yet will he be qualified by next year to take the job?

 

I believe Sam is student teaching at Scott now and doesn't that much left. I know he'd like to eventually get in head coaching once he finishes up his degree.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Sam is student teaching at Scott now and doesn't that much left. I know he'd like to eventually get in head coaching once he finishes up his degree.

 

He is not student teaching.

What coaching experience does B Stowers have?

 

B. Stowers was a varsity assistant at SK"s girls teams when they made their runs thru the 8th Region. He also excelled on the AAU circuit with Derek Smith's All Stars teams. He was an assistant coach at NKU before he decided to focus on his degree. His mother is currently battling cancer and is in the late stages of chemotherapy. I believe, God Bless that I am correct, that she is expected to make a full recovery. So, I don't know if this would derail his coaching plans right now.

  • Author
B. Stowers was a varsity assistant at SK"s girls teams when they made their runs thru the 8th Region. He also excelled on the AAU circuit with Derek Smith's All Stars teams. He was an assistant coach at NKU before he decided to focus on his degree. His mother is currently battling cancer and is in the late stages of chemotherapy. I believe, God Bless that I am correct, that she is expected to make a full recovery. So, I don't know if this would derail his coaching plans right now.

 

Thanks for the info. Hope "Mom" is indeed on the right path.

 

Are we sure HC has interviewed him? I was told they talked to Jeff and the NKU "hubby" and one other person.

I am unaware on who they are interviewing.

He is not student teaching.

 

I thought he was... My bad.

This will now be a curious hire in my opinion. Some of the names being tossed about for Highlands and Ryle are not being thrown around at Holy Cross. Who decides for the Indians an athletic director or a board?

This will now be a curious hire in my opinion. Some of the names being tossed about for Highlands and Ryle are not being thrown around at Holy Cross?

That is because Holy Cross will have to hire someone willing to work for a whole lot less than those 2 public schools.

That is because Holy Cross will have to hire someone willing to work for a whole lot less than those 2 public schools.

 

I understand. It also used to be a coveted position. I don't see it that way now. Besides the money, I see Ryle and Highlands being better opportunities in the present.

How many people can tell a school they're not interested in the position before they realize they already had their best option?

I understand. It also used to be a coveted position. I don't see it that way now. Besides the money, I see Ryle and Highlands being better opportunities in the present.

Of all the openings, the two most desirable positions from a demographic standpoint would certainly be Ryle and Walton-Verona. That's where your "moneyed growth" is occurring.

Of all the openings, the two most desirable positions from a demographic standpoint would certainly be Ryle and Walton-Verona. That's where your "moneyed growth" is occurring.

 

Disagree with Walton Verona. I'd put the NKY jobs in this order:

 

Ryle

Highlands

Holy Cross

Beechwood

Walton Verona

Dayton

Disagree with Walton Verona. I'd put the NKY jobs in this order:

 

Ryle

Highlands

Holy Cross

Beechwood

Walton Verona

Dayton

I'm looking at growth patterns, not the situation as it exists today. Lots of room for growth in WV, little in Ft. Thomas, Ft. Mitchell et al. Once housing rebounds for good, the hot area for growth will continue to be the Ryle-WV area. Highlands and Beechwood BB programs also are hindered by football-first emphasis. Just my opinion.

I'm looking at growth patterns, not the situation as it exists today. Lots of room for growth in WV, little in Ft. Thomas, Ft. Mitchell et al. Once housing rebounds for good, the hot area for growth will continue to be the Ryle-WV area. Highlands and Beechwood BB programs also are hindered by football-first emphasis. Just my opinion.

 

I'm going to agree with this. The only caveat is the zoning fools of Boone County get their act together and not let another housing boom occur without proper infrastructure plans in place. Then, the growth might not be as great.

I have heard rumors because he is from the area he wants the Scott job, but I don't believe Brad Carr is going anywhere.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.