Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Erik Goetz Leaves Holy Cross

Featured Replies

No, he was there in the 7 th grade. He played with the 8 th graders.

 

Markel was at Holmes Middle as a 6th grader. Didn't play basketball played AAU for Cincinnati LAKERS or one of them programs. So indeed he was at Holmes ones before.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did it all necome basketball only? Why is the parents not looking for a good academic program for their child as well. I'm not knocking any school, but everyone knows if McClendon transfers back to Holmes its strictly because of there basketball program. I don't know it all seems a bit ridiculous to me!

When did it all necome basketball only? Why is the parents not looking for a good academic program for their child as well. I'm not knocking any school, but everyone knows if McClendon transfers back to Holmes its strictly because of there basketball program. I don't know it all seems a bit ridiculous to me!

 

The cupboard is bare in Latonia, the coach even bailed.

Markel was at Holmes Middle as a 6th grader. Didn't play basketball played AAU for Cincinnati LAKERS or one of them programs. So indeed he was at Holmes ones before.

 

Serious question when did Holmes start having a 6th grade? I thought schools such as John G, Glenn O and Latonia Elementary were K-6?

The cupboard is bare in Latonia, the coach even bailed.

 

I agree. I just don't understand why the child's education is not being put first. I mean if McClendon goes to Holmes yes they will be a dominate basketball team, but will he get a better education? In the end that's what should matter.

I agree. I just don't understand why the child's education is not being put first. I mean if McClendon goes to Holmes yes they will be a dominate basketball team, but will he get a better education? In the end that's what should matter.

 

100% agree and think all this back n forth stuff from Holmes/HC and vice versa is a joke.

 

How many of these kids are going to get fill rides playing hoops? Not many Campbell's and Bolden's out there. A good education will be something they can use the rest of their lives.

  • Author
100% agree and think all this back n forth stuff from Holmes/HC and vice versa is a joke.

 

How many of these kids are going to get fill rides playing hoops? Not many Campbell's and Bolden's out there. A good education will be something they can use the rest of their lives.

 

No reason he can't get a strong education at Holmes. It's up to him.

No reason he can't get a strong education at Holmes. It's up to him.

 

And if not he can always just go back to Holy Cross or Lloyd or Dixie....j/k

Serious question when did Holmes start having a 6th grade? I thought schools such as John G, Glenn O and Latonia Elementary were K-6?

 

Covington Independent primary schools go up to fifth grade. The middle school, serving 6th through 8th grades, was Two Rivers at Scott and 5th until four academic years ago when they moved the middle school to the main Holmes campus alongside the high school.

Serious question when did Holmes start having a 6th grade? I thought schools such as John G, Glenn O and Latonia Elementary were K-6?

 

There are more than 3 Elementary schools in CVG than those you named 6th and 9th district as well. But to answer your question I guess in 09-10 when he was a sixth grader. Not sure what Elementary school he went to. for the longest there use to be what was called Two-Rivers Middle that was located on Scott across from the Kenton County Library. So how Gateway CC got involved and Two-rivers was taken away and in August 2009 Holmes went back to house 6-7 graders back on Campus with the 8th graders.

 

Hope this answers it, if you still question It I recommend you call the Covington Brd of Education to figure out the proper dates in Question or why they did it

100% agree and think all this back n forth stuff from Holmes/HC and vice versa is a joke.

 

How many of these kids are going to get fill rides playing hoops? Not many Campbell's and Bolden's out there. A good education will be something they can use the rest of their lives.

 

Or why not just go to a Cincinnati public school. Education in Ohio is far better than that in Kentucky. Kentucky Education system is behind. To make sense of it all. Just because He don't attend Holy Cross or a school with a higher education profile than that of another doesn't mean he cant or wont have a productive life or go on to get a college degree that read and says the same thing BA or MBA or DMD of that as a kid who does attend HC or Newcath or Brossart or Beechwood or Dixie or Ryle or Moellar...etc Kids in the inter-city do it all the time, with more pressure and problem to tug along than "where my car keys" My son attended Holmes and is in his second year of college doing fine and will Graduate from a pretty good University of L'ville dental school in a few more years.

 

I remember people on hear talking bad about a few notable kids from Holmes:

Lets see:

 

Austin Hill graduate of Ill State with a college degree

Greg Rice graduate Central State with a college degree

Cardo Johnson 3yr College sure to graduate

Elijah Pittman 1 year a Marshall may be Late 2nd rounder (NBA) before he graduates

 

 

 

There was a kid who Play a UM...Michigan very prestige University are far as academics go....O' yeah Brandon Englomon Graduate of Michigan.

 

Get a grip people... you can still get a quality education even if you don't attend a Blue Ribbon school, Let's be honest not all who attend this prestige schools don't even get a college degree.

No reason he can't get a strong education at Holmes. It's up to him.

 

I agree. I guess my point was being if it was all about education he would never left Holmes to go to Holy Cross. This rumor was circulating long before now. Everyone knew after this yr HC was going to struggle with the basketball program now all of the sudden McClendon is heading back to Holmes. So therefore we all know its strictly got to do with basketball and nothing more. I just find all the transferring for sports alone a joke.

There are more than 3 Elementary schools in CVG than those you named 6th and 9th district as well. But to answer your question I guess in 09-10 when he was a sixth grader. Not sure what Elementary school he went to. for the longest there use to be what was called Two-Rivers Middle that was located on Scott across from the Kenton County Library. So how Gateway CC got involved and Two-rivers was taken away and in August 2009 Holmes went back to house 6-7 graders back on Campus with the 8th graders.

 

Hope this answers it, if you still question It I recommend you call the Covington Brd of Education to figure out the proper dates in Question or why they did it

No reason to get defensive I grew up in Covington and when I grew up I thought the elementary schools were K-6 . I was just asking when that changed because I did not know it had.

I know many successful people who graduated from Holmes and wasn't questioning the quality of the education. I was also aware those weren't the only elementary schools I was just giving examples.

Or why not just go to a Cincinnati public school. Education in Ohio is far better than that in Kentucky. Kentucky Education system is behind. To make sense of it all. Just because He don't attend Holy Cross or a school with a higher education profile than that of another doesn't mean he cant or wont have a productive life or go on to get a college degree that read and says the same thing BA or MBA or DMD of that as a kid who does attend HC or Newcath or Brossart or Beechwood or Dixie or Ryle or Moellar...etc Kids in the inter-city do it all the time, with more pressure and problem to tug along than "where my car keys" My son attended Holmes and is in his second year of college doing fine and will Graduate from a pretty good University of L'ville dental school in a few more years.

 

I remember people on hear talking bad about a few notable kids from Holmes:

Lets see:

 

Austin Hill graduate of Ill State with a college degree

Greg Rice graduate Central State with a college degree

Cardo Johnson 3yr College sure to graduate

Elijah Pittman 1 year a Marshall may be Late 2nd rounder (NBA) before he graduates

 

 

 

There was a kid who Play a UM...Michigan very prestige University are far as academics go....O' yeah Brandon Englomon Graduate of Michigan.

 

Get a grip people... you can still get a quality education even if you don't attend a Blue Ribbon school, Let's be honest not all who attend this prestige schools don't even get a college degree.

 

 

Wow, you took this far out of context. Like I was saying in previous posts no one said you can't get a quality education at Holmes, the only point I made was its obviously not about education if you wait to transfer back to Holmes after all the sports stars leave Holy Cross. Do you honestly think its good for any kid to bounce back and forth from school to school for sports alone? C'mon nobody will believe that. In this particular case it's all about which Covington team as the better sports program. I'll say it again its ridiculous.

Wow, you took this far out of context. Like I was saying in previous posts no one said you can't get a quality education at Holmes, the only point I made was its obviously not about education if you wait to transfer back to Holmes after all the sports stars leave Holy Cross. Do you honestly think its good for any kid to bounce back and forth from school to school for sports alone? C'mon nobody will believe that. In this particular case it's all about which Covington team as the better sports program. I'll say it again its ridiculous.

 

I didn't take it nearly as far as I wanted to. Just had to clear up some ignorance and point out some positive example and my comments wasn't to you, so you can clear your conscience if you was thinking negative too. Whatever that child's parent decides to do is there choice. I don't think any of you gave 23chromosomes to help make a decision on this kid.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.