Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Erik Goetz Leaves Holy Cross

Featured Replies

  • Author
Easy, economic hardship, anytime you go from $$$ to free. The KHSAA is not going to ask for proof!

 

 

Then do away with the transfer rule.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then do away with the transfer rule.

 

Agreed. Although I feel they really already have without saying so.

I would be curious as to what lame excuse would be given to allow the waiver of the transfer rule for McClendon.

 

Simple. This will happen within the Covington, Cincinnati, Newport Triangle. Rules do not apply or are automatically waived.

Wow. Assuming McClendon arrives, Green stays, and nobody else leaves, Holmes is about to become The Land of a Thousand Combo Guards.

 

I have heard this is the case...we will see, though.

 

I hate starting rumors but I've heard McClendon may not be the only one moving to Covington/Holmes next year. Have heard another name as well that would make Holmes "hands down" favorite and to be honest, I don't know if a 9th region team would stay within 10 pts of them.

 

Where Goetz ends up affects a lot, IMO.

Then do away with the transfer rule.

 

I have only been following KY high school sports for a few years now but it seems to me the transfer rule is a joke!

 

I believe there are numerous examples of where the KSHAA has allowed transfers for various reasons. The only one I can think that they disallowed over the last couple of years was the kid down near Hazard. I do not remember his name or the schools involved but thought it was in the Hazard area?

Then do away with the transfer rule.

 

Agree, 9th could change considerably with a "do away"

I have heard this is the case...we will see, though.

 

I hate starting rumors but I've heard McClendon may not be the only one moving to Covington/Holmes next year. Have heard another name as well that would make Holmes "hands down" favorite and to be honest, I don't know if a 9th region team would stay within 10 pts of them.

 

Where Goetz ends up affects a lot, IMO.

 

Meaning some Holy Cross players may follow the coach to "Undisclosed Location High School" as opposed to moving to Holmes? Wouldn't that narrow it down either to another private NKY school or to another Kenton County school? Or am I (very likely) missing something?

As for your other point, I can't think of a current Holy Cross baller beyond McClendon who would make that much impact at Holmes, but maybe I'm missing something else as well. Or maybe you're thinking of a player from a totally different school who may also go to Holmes next year.

This stuff makes my head spin. :isurrender:

  • Author
Meaning some Holy Cross players may follow the coach to "Undisclosed Location High School" as opposed to moving to Holmes? Wouldn't that narrow it down either to another private NKY school or to another Kenton County school? Or am I (very likely) missing something?

As for your other point, I can't think of a current Holy Cross baller beyond McClendon who would make that much impact at Holmes, but maybe I'm missing something else as well. Or maybe you're thinking of a player from a totally different school who may also go to Holmes next year.

This stuff makes my head spin. :isurrender:

 

Pretty sure he means a kid from a different school.

Pretty sure he means a kid from a different school.

 

That's what I figured. Any clues? Big man or (yikes) yet another guard?

Pretty sure he means a kid from a different school.

 

How many years in a row are we going to hear Hatton is leaving Dixie only to have him stay there?

Could you provide more details about him, please?

 

Don't know much about him. Have heard he coached in Michigan though and their kids are very good players. I believe they have one boy and one girl, but I'm not sure.

I have heard this is the case...we will see, though.

 

I hate starting rumors but I've heard McClendon may not be the only one moving to Covington/Holmes next year. Have heard another name as well that would make Holmes "hands down" favorite and to be honest, I don't know if a 9th region team would stay within 10 pts of them.

 

Where Goetz ends up affects a lot, IMO.

 

From what I'm hearing Newcath will be the team to beat in the 9th. Most returning kids that started and also Pangallo, McDonald and Shulte are a year older. Plus the Weyer boy. I would say you would have to put Newcath and Holmes as #1 in 9th. No way Holmes is 10pts better then Newcath even if they get transfer from the same city and that I do not understand how they can get away with that. We need some of that in Ft. Thomas lol

How many years in a row are we going to hear Hatton is leaving Dixie only to have him stay there?

 

Wouldn't this require a change of residence? Public to public??

  • Author
Wouldn't this require a change of residence? Public to public??

 

Public to public is irrelevant.

How many years in a row are we going to hear Hatton is leaving Dixie only to have him stay there?

 

Hatton isn't the kid I was referring to, but since you brought it up..............

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.