Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Officials

Featured Replies

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

I don't understand why fans of the surrounding regions have such a negativity for them.

 

Because they're awful.

Because they're awful.

 

I've seen a lot of games over the past few years in the 8th, 9th and 10th regions and without a doubt, the 8th region officials call a more consistent game. All regions have their top 10 to 15 officials who are quality refs and if you mixed them all together you wouldn't know what association they were in. Seems like a lot of the 9th region fans are always ragging the 8th region officials but if you look at past and recent 9th region threads, they also rag on their beloved 9th officials. Just my observations. Bombs away!!

I've seen a lot of games over the past few years in the 8th, 9th and 10th regions and without a doubt, the 8th region officials call a more consistent game. All regions have their top 10 to 15 officials who are quality refs and if you mixed them all together you wouldn't know what association they were in. Seems like a lot of the 9th region fans are always ragging the 8th region officials but if you look at past and recent 9th region threads, they also rag on their beloved 9th officials. Just my observations. Bombs away!!

 

I have to agree. After seeing the 8th region folks for quite some time and now getting used to the 9th a bit, I think the 8th guys call a more even game. Don't get me wrong, there are some in both regions that I cringe when I see in a game, but overall, the 8th Region folks call it better.

Totally disagree with this, Sandlin has always been an outstanding and fair official. Give us an example of the cause for your distain.

 

I agree with Bigzig on this one. Never said he wasn't fair. He is a decent official. His antics on the court are what bother me. He starves for the attention and getting to ref at state will do nothing but boost his ego a little more.

Clayton Brooks and Dustin Music will be representing the BBA (10th and 11th region).

 

2 very deserving gentleman. Both are a class act and a joy to work with.

I agree with Bigzig on this one. Never said he wasn't fair. He is a decent official. His antics on the court are what bother me. He starves for the attention and getting to ref at state will do nothing but boost his ego a little more.

 

:thumb:Thank-you

Sandlin is by far the best official in the 8th. I've seen other officials in this region blatently hold grudges. I would put money on the 8th having the worst officials as a whole in the state. I guess Sandlin's softball teams must have put a few beatdowns on Bigzig's??:lol2:

One from the 9th region final Davin Barnett from the 16th is calling the boys state.

 

He did the first game tonight and did a great job. He is from Morgan Co. His mom is the superintendent of Morgan Co schools.

If you think that about Brian you don't know him. GREAT dude and even better official. Class act!

Thought the guy from the 16 th did well tonight. Also talked to Reineke tonight. Great guy great official.

Sandlin is by far the best official in the 8th. I've seen other officials in this region blatently hold grudges. I would put money on the 8th having the worst officials as a whole in the state. I guess Sandlin's softball teams must have put a few beatdowns on Bigzig's??:lol2:

 

:idunno:Lost me on the softball comments. To each their own I suppose and I'll stand by my thoughts that Sandlin is a tool.

:idunno:Lost me on the softball comments. To each their own I suppose and I'll stand by my thoughts that Sandlin is a tool.

 

No offense Zig, just know Sandlin (is,was) an avid softball player who got under a lot of peoples skin the way he played the game. I personally didn't care for him till I got to know him and realized he is a genuine person.

The 1st time I met sandman I couldn't stand him. Played some softball with him a year later and I was in his wedding. He can get under your skin but a great guy. I'm sure he doesn't have a lot of fans in softball after some of the butt kickins we put on people the last couple of years. And I graduated with Reineke. Congrats to the both of them. Well deserved.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.