Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Officials

Featured Replies

I thought the 16th refs were doing the ninth regional.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the 16th refs were doing the ninth regional.

 

Thanks.

Now I see where your dislike for him comes from.

 

That would be it :up:

Too bad..Sandlin is by far the most pompous, arrogant and egotistical ref I have ever watched call a game. He struts around like he is the show. I feel sorry for the teams that get this clown to ref their games.If Sandlin is the best that the 8th Region has to offer then maybe they should just pass that region over when looking for officials for the state tourney.

 

Totally disagree with this, Sandlin has always been an outstanding and fair official. Give us an example of the cause for your distain.

That didn't work out to well for Rowan County.

 

 

I second that!!!!!

I thought the 16th refs were doing the ninth regional.

 

I feel the ninth regions pain if they had to put up with 16th region officials.

one from the 9th region final Davin Barnett from the 16th is calling the boys state.

Too bad..Sandlin is by far the most pompous, arrogant and egotistical ref I have ever watched call a game. He struts around like he is the show. I feel sorry for the teams that get this clown to ref their games.If Sandlin is the best that the 8th Region has to offer then maybe they should just pass that region over when looking for officials for the state tourney.

 

Why don't you tell us how you really feel!! Must be some history for you to have such strong feelings. Sandlin is a first class official and does a great job. Yes, he can be animated at times but he always calls a solid game. He's one of the best and this ain't his first time at the rodeo. Congrats to the Sandman!

Totally disagree with this, Sandlin has always been an outstanding and fair official. Give us an example of the cause for your distain.

 

I have watched him over a number of years and he tries to bait coaches and is always trying to play to the crowd. On numerous occassions I have watched him have lively banter with people in the stands when he should be paying attention to the game. Someone needs to tell this cocky clown we don't come to see him strut up and down the floor.

I have watched him over a number of years and he tries to bait coaches and is always trying to play to the crowd. On numerous occassions I have watched him have lively banter with people in the stands when he should be paying attention to the game. Someone needs to tell this cocky clown we don't come to see him strut up and down the floor.

 

Obviously, others have a different opinion than you and that's why he's working the Sweet Sixteen.

Obviously, others have a different opinion than you and that's why he's working the Sweet Sixteen.

 

Obviously...and I'm ok with that. I hear it came down to him or Cornbread.

Obviously...and I'm ok with that. I hear it came down to him or Cornbread.

 

Brian is a class act and deserves this opportunity again. He calls a quality basketball game and is able to call the big games. I wouldn't be surprised to see him calling on the weekend. The 8th region has just as many quality officials as any other region. I don't understand why fans of the surrounding regions have such a negativity for them. Are they jealous?

  • Author
Brian is a class act and deserves this opportunity again. He calls a quality basketball game and is able to call the big games. I wouldn't be surprised to see him calling on the weekend. The 8th region has just as many quality officials as any other region. I don't understand why fans of the surrounding regions have such a negativity for them. Are they jealous?

 

99% of 9th region fans have clue who any 8th region officials are.

99% of 9th region fans have clue who any 8th region officials are.

 

I am very familiar with Sandlins work both in the 9th region when he called games there and in the 8th. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will stand by mine with regards to him.

  • Author
I am very familiar with Sandlins work both in the 9th region when he called games there and in the 8th. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will stand by mine with regards to him.

 

I wasn't commenting on your opinion. I was commenting that it couldn't be jealousy since 1% of fans can ID an 8th region official.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.