Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Officials

Featured Replies

Sandlin is by far the best official in the 8th. I've seen other officials in this region blatently hold grudges. I would put money on the 8th having the worst officials as a whole in the state. I guess Sandlin's softball teams must have put a few beatdowns on Bigzig's??:lol2:

 

I saw 3 from the 8th work the girls 10th region final last night and 2 of the 3 were the worst I've seen ALL YEAR. One was BY FAR the worst I've seen all year and they were working a final!

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the numerous posts bashing an official. If you don't like him or his officiating that's understandable, just give your opinion once and move on.

 

 

Back to the subject, Is there a full list of officials posted somewhere?

Brian Sandlin is an excellent official.

I would welcome him to work any game we ever play.

 

Am also happy to see Clayton Brooks get a shot. I doubt this is his first Sweet Sixteen rodeo. He consistendly works the "A" state tournament. Man of few words, calls a consistent game - let's them play.

  • Author
Shout out to my guy Jason Reineke from the 9th region who will be working his first boys Sweet 16. He's certainly worked hard at his craft and reps the 9th well.

 

Who else is working the tourney?

 

Shoutout to Jason Reineke for being selected to work the championship game.

I believe the 9th has been well represented at the boys & girls Sweet 16 lately. James Pouncy has been a couple/few times in recent years and even worked in the state championship game at least once. Jason is a good official and has paid his dues, so congrats to him!

 

:laugh:

:laugh:

 

Why is that funny?

Shoutout to Jason Reineke for being selected to work the championship game.

 

Good for him. I truly don't know how the select who works/advances in the Sweet 16, but have heard each official is evaluated and moves on with their performance in each round. Truth?

  • Author
Good for him. I truly don't know how the select who works/advances in the Sweet 16, but have heard each official is evaluated and moves on with their performance in each round. Truth?

 

That seems right. I know that you can't ref games in which your region is playing so the 7th and 11th were not eligible to work the championship.

Good for him. I truly don't know how the select who works/advances in the Sweet 16, but have heard each official is evaluated and moves on with their performance in each round. Truth?

 

That's exactly right, and Clyde is correct. You can't officiate a game that your regional champion is playing.

That seems right. I know that you can't ref games in which your region is playing so the 7th and 11th were not eligible to work the championship.

 

Semi final and finals officials were decided after play Friday night. That means the guys from the BBA (10th and 11th) were done after the late game Friday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.