What is the greatest comedy of all-time?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Young Frankenstein

The Princess Bride

The Big Lebowski

Raising Arizona

O' Brother Where Art Thou

Caddyshack

Midnight Run

Dodgeball

Napoleon Dynamite

I was talking with my brother this morning and realized I totally left off one of my favorites.

The In-Laws. The original with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin.

The History of the World, Blazing Saddles, Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams, Bustin Lose, Stir Crazy, Smokey and The Bandit 1-2-3. Porky's 1&2, Bacholer Party, Easy Money, Caddyshack, Tommy Boy, Blacksheep, Hot to Trot, Uncle Buck, Who's Harry Crumb?, Tyler Perry's Family Reunion, Madea Goes to Jail, Madea's Witness Protection, Eddie Murphy's The Nutty Professor 1&2. That's all tha ti can come up with now.

The History of the World, Blazing Saddles, Up in Smoke, Nice Dreams, Bustin Lose, Stir Crazy, Smokey and The Bandit 1-2-3. Porky's 1&2, Bacholer Party, Easy Money, Caddyshack, Tommy Boy, Blacksheep, Hot to Trot, Uncle Buck, Who's Harry Crumb?, Tyler Perry's Family Reunion, Madea Goes to Jail, Madea's Witness Protection, Eddie Murphy's The Nutty Professor 1&2. That's all tha ti can come up with now.

Smokey and the Bandit is a classic, part 2 and 3 blow chunks!!!

How did we go 67 post before someone mentioned Porky's, the sketch artist scene (below) or the Lassie scene alone would put this movie on the list.

Sorry about crappy subtitles

How did we go 67 post before someone mentioned Porky's, the sketch artist scene (below) or the Lassie scene alone would put this movie on the list.

Sorry about crappy subtitles

I agree; Porkys is definitely one in my favorites list.

My favorites that I can think of have already been mentioned upthread. I will say I don't think I ever laughed more than the first times I saw Anchorman and The Hangover in the theaters. I still quote Anchorman all the time. I'm also very partial to Fletch, 21 Jump Street, the Pink Panther, Super Troopers, and Billy Madison. I quote Billy Madison, Super Troopers, and Fletch all the time (and started daydreaming through Fletch for the last 20 minutes after I read the thread the first time).

Top Five (In No Particular Order):

The Big Lebowski

The Jerk

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (If you've never seen this, shame on you. You owe it to yourself.)

Caddyshack

Blazing Saddles

Honorable Mention:

Animal House

What About Bob?

Groundhog Day

Ghost Busters

The Pink Panther (Original)

This Is Spinal Tap

Waiting For Guffman

Best In Show

The 'Burbs