Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Kentucky make the NCAA tournament?

Will the Cats be dancing in March? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Will the Cats be dancing in March?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I doubt that Cal wants to play in the NIT.

 

Same question I posed to someone yesterday. I'm with you that I think there is a very good chance they'd turn down an NIT invite.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they get in barely for a variety of reasons, I think the Gameday night crowd pulls them thru vs. Mizzu. I also think they have a chance @ UT.

 

Why would the Gameday crowd be any different from the normal crowd at Rupp--same season ticket holders.

I see 2 wins the rest of the way, which won't get them in the NCAA. I doubt that Cal wants to play in the NIT.

 

I doubt Cal want to have to coach these guys for any more games. No way UK accepts an NIT bid IMO.

  • Author

Never imagined they would be this bad without Noel. Looks like I'll be wrong on this question, hope they at least fight in these games the rest of the way.

I thought I heard somewhere that after Saturday's game Joe Lunardi had UK as the "last team out".

 

In other words, right around the bubble.

Kentucky in 2006 was 20-13 and made the NCAA tournament. I think it will be the same story.

Why should UK be in at this point?

 

Your guess is as good as mine. They have not really done anything to warrant consideration.

Cats are 18-8 and 3rd in the SEC right now.

 

I think they need to go at least 3-2 over the last 5. (Win one of UF/Mizzou/@Ark). That probably lands them at 5th in the SEC and gives them a Thursday game in the SECT. Win one SECT game and they're 22-11 on the year.

I really can see them winning Sat. Missouri is a bad road team. Miss St and GA will be W's which gets them to 21 wins and in the tourney.

 

 

MY SEC final standings I think will be

 

Florida

Bama

KY

Missouri

Arkansas

Ole'Miss

 

4 teams get in..........................

Cats are 18-8 and 3rd in the SEC right now.

 

I think they need to go at least 3-2 over the last 5. (Win one of UF/Mizzou/@Ark). That probably lands them at 5th in the SEC and gives them a Thursday game in the SECT. Win one SECT game and they're 22-11 on the year.

 

Guessing they need more than one solid resume win without Nerlens to sway the committee. Tough to read exactly how much weight his absence will carry, but going 4-3 without him and only getting one of those three will be rough even if you add one SECT win...

  • Author
Cats are 18-8 and 3rd in the SEC right now.

 

I think they need to go at least 3-2 over the last 5. (Win one of UF/Mizzou/@Ark). That probably lands them at 5th in the SEC and gives them a Thursday game in the SECT. Win one SECT game and they're 22-11 on the year.

In this scenario, I think 2 SECT wins would get them in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.