Favorite handgun

SportsGuy41017

Okay men, I have now fired the Sig. Love it. The grip isn't as comfortable as the Kimber. I am not as accurate with the Sig. But the Sig is considerably heavier, which I thought I wouldn't like, and target acquisition was way easier with the Sig when firing in succession. Smooth operator too. While I would take the Kimber over the Sig if I had to choose, I have to say that the Sig is a very very nice weapon. Very happy with the gun. My youngest is just a natural with a pistol. I say it's young eyes, but it's more than that. Just one of those people who doesn't have to "work" to visualize and acquire the target. He put em in a 2inch group at 20 yards. I wasn't nearly that accurate.:irked:

Maybe I missed it, but which Sig did you get? For work I have a p229 .357, I love it, but I love my new HK p30 9mm better :)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just looked on gunbroker, and what you are asking for will be in the 550-600 range in the Taurus, add 200+ for the Ruger, depending if you want Redhawk or Blackhawk and then 1000ish if you want the Smith with that barrel.

I've never owned a 44mag., but my dad had a Blackhawk growing up. Fantastic pistol, only fired it once myself when I was a young teen. Cannon is all I remember. I've had pistols bigger than that, but never louder, ha.

If you are really feeling froggy, don't forget this bad boy at the top of the food chain

anaconda.jpg

Got a S&W Sigma 9mm that I bought used (barely used at that from what I could tell). Had extractor problems, sent it of to the factory, they fixed it for free, no questions asked, operates like new now, problem solved. Also have (don't laugh for you gun snobs out there) a Hi-Point .40S&W. Looks like a brick with a trigger...they have a bad rep that they might have deserved years ago...but I'm telling you it is a sweet shooting gun and acurate.

What do I want? Would love to have a S&W 686 .357 revolver, or the Rugar GP 100 .357. Would love to have a 1911...maybe a Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Costa Recon. Also want something to conceal...Maybe the new M&P Shield or Taurus 24/7 compact G2 in .40 S&W.

I just recently got into pistols/handguns so I really want a LOT of stuff I can't afford.

Got a S&W Sigma 9mm that I bought used (barely used at that from what I could tell). Had extractor problems, sent it of to the factory, they fixed it for free, no questions asked, operates like new now, problem solved. Also have (don't laugh for you gun snobs out there) a Hi-Point .40S&W. Looks like a brick with a trigger...they have a bad rep that they might have deserved years ago...but I'm telling you it is a sweet shooting gun and acurate.

What do I want? Would love to have a S&W 686 .357 revolver, or the Rugar GP 100 .357. Would love to have a 1911...maybe a Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Costa Recon. Also want something to conceal...Maybe the new M&P Shield or Taurus 24/7 compact G2 in .40 S&W.

I just recently got into pistols/handguns so I really want a LOT of stuff I can't afford.

As to the bolded, I say "don't we all?" It is living the American dream. :bunny:

• 1 month later...
I picked up a Kel-Tec PF9 yesterday. I haven't fired it yet but man it's light and small. Great for conceal n carry too. Anybody had any experience with these?

I have a friend who carries one concealed. He loves his, I've never shot it, but that's the weapon that is on him at all times. Not too sure he doesn't shower with it.

A buddy of mine has an FN 5 Seven...sweet pistol.

My son saw a Kevlar helmet that had been shot my a 9mm a .45 and a 5 Seven. FN 5 Seven went through and through, neither of the other two got through one side of the helmet. That 5 Seven is a Hot Rod of a gun.

I have a friend who carries one concealed. He loves his, I've never shot it, but that's the weapon that is on him at all times. Not too sure he doesn't shower with it.

:lol2: Good deal. Looking forward to shooting mine Sat.