• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Own: Glock 23 .40 caliber

Want to Own: Wilson Combat Classic 1911 .45 caliber

I think my want to own would be the same. As for my favorite that I own, it's my Glock 27. Strangely enough I had a dream about it last night, I'm pretty sure this thread was one of the last things I read before bed. On another note in my dream I was almost killed because it only held 9 rounds, good thing I wasn't in New York in that dream, 7 rounds just wouldn't have been enough.

My favorite that I own

Auto-Kimber 1911

Revolver Defense-Colt Python

Revolver Hunting-Colt Anaconda with Leupold 2x Scope

As far a the Glocks go, I own three. They are simply easy to operate and reliable. It is tough to get a better gun for the money.

Edited by plainspoken

My favorite that I own

Auto-Kimber 1911

Revolver Defense-Colt Python

Revolver Hunting-Colt Anaconda with Leupold 2x Scope

As far a the Glock's go, I own three. They are simply easy to operate and reliable. It is tough to get a better gun for the money.

I had a Smith .460 I was going to deer hunt with. Love the ballistics, put a Leupold 4X scope on that thing, and I hated it. No matter what rest I tried to take, I couldn't keep the gun still enough to reliably shoot any great distance. 50yds, sure. 100, doubtful. >100, no chance at all.

How does your Colt do at longer distances? What caliber is it?

I had a Smith .460 I was going to deer hunt with. Love the ballistics, put a Leupold 4X scope on that thing, and I hated it. No matter what rest I tried to take, I couldn't keep the gun still enough to reliably shoot any great distance. 50yds, sure. 100, doubtful. >100, no chance at all.

How does your Colt do at longer distances? What caliber is it?

It is a .44 magnum with an eight inch barrell. The last time I shot it was a couple of months ago. I fired six shots from a log rest. I had a four inch group center mass at 75 yards with winchester factory ammo. Things get dicy out to 100yds, but it is deadly on almost any shot you could have at my farm.

It is a .44 magnum with an eight inch barrell. The last time I shot it was a couple of months ago. I fired six shots from a log rest. I had a four inch group center mass at 75 yards with winchester factory ammo. Things get dicy out to 100yds, but it is deadly on almost any shot you could have at my farm.

That's about what my .460 did. And I guess at that price and the hype, I expected more. So, the gun and I parted ways.