Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rolen wants to return to Reds

Featured Replies

Rennie Stennet.

 

Hey he was one of my favorite's as a kid. :ylsuper:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey he was one of my favorite's as a kid. :ylsuper:

 

I met him in P'burgh when I was a boy. Met him and Manny Sanguillen.

I'm a fan of using Rolen as a bat off the bench & occasional 3rd baseman.

 

Scott can still play, but he cannot physically handle the rigors of a 162 game season. Cut that down to an 80-100 game season and he can contribute.

I'm a fan of using Rolen as a bat off the bench & occasional 3rd baseman.

 

Scott can still play, but he cannot physically handle the rigors of a 162 game season. Cut that down to an 80-100 game season and he can contribute.

 

I was thinking more like 40-50 games. Average of 75 last 2 years.

I was thinking more like 40-50 games. Average of 75 last 2 years.

 

I just meant that he's a realistic option for 80-100 games, didn't necessarily mean he'd play in that many.

How about Chico Ruiz? I have more range than Rolen left. Let's see I figure about 60 games off with shoulder, 60 with sore back, so maybe he's good for 40 games 20 starts and a .149 average if they don't throw fast balls.:deadhorse:

Keep Rolen, if a fight breaks out we need him,he is a very good fighter.

Reds ‏@Reds

Reds President of Baseball Operations and GM Walt Jocketty said of 3B Scott Rolen, who will not be attending camp with the Reds...

 

Reds ‏@Reds

“Scott made significant contributions to our recent success, it isn’t a coincidence we made the playoffs in 2 of his 3 full seasons here...

 

Reds ‏@Reds

...(Scott) made a huge impact in Cincinnati with his work ethic and leadership on the field, in the clubhouse and in our community.”

 

Reds ‏@Reds

Rolen said, "Right now I’m simply not ready to make a commitment. I would like to leave my options open, without closing any doors....

 

Reds ‏@Reds

...I am looking forward to all of the challenges, both personally and professionally, I will face in the future.”

@Reds

Rolen said, "Right now I’m simply not ready to make a commitment."

 

So it sounds like the Reds made an offer to him.

I am very happy he did not return too much distraction and he's at the end of the rope due to injuries.

It's time to go, unless he wants to come back a some type of coach or something. It's time for him to step aside and give Frazier a shot.

Dude gives as quality of an AB as anyone in the big's. Has he slowed a bit, sure. But to think he wouldn't help this team as the first bat off the bench to PH is absurd.

Dude gives as quality of an AB as anyone in the big's..

 

Just plain false...

Just plain false...

 

What is your definition of quality AB and where does Rolen fall short?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.