Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Public Address Announcer

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout that Witte boy?

 

Dad? Hey Mr. Siry was a Bellevue guy. Why not? Is he any good? Does he like to talk? What kind of proof is there that he can articulate himself in the public spectacle that PA announcing is? Any experience at that sort of thing?

Witte is the backup varsity / JV basketball announcer. He has a nice PA voice. His specialty is the roundball, may take a while to transition to football announcing.

 

Nieporte is the man for the job.

Witte is the backup varsity / JV basketball announcer. He has a nice PA voice. His specialty is the roundball, may take a while to transition to football announcing.

 

Nieporte is the man for the job.

 

If I cant say "String music in Ft Thomas KY" or "Hergott with the kiss for 2" then I got no business in a football booth. I did a few FTJRFL games a while back but Kevin Nieporte is your man.

 

Congrats to Ron Siry for a great career.

Whomever they choose, I just hope he/she sticks to calling the play. Leave the commentary and flowery stuff to the other programs that seemingly need that schtick. And please, for the love of God, don't be playing music between plays.

 

I don't attend games to be entertained by the PA and they don't play the games for the PA to "show off his talents".

 

I liked Keeneland more before they started calling the races. Figured I had eyes and binoculars for that purpose.

Whomever they choose, I just hope he/she sticks to calling the play. Leave the commentary and flowery stuff to the other programs that seemingly need that schtick. And please, for the love of God, don't be playing music between plays.

 

I don't attend games to be entertained by the PA and they don't play the games for the PA to "show off his talents".

 

I liked Keeneland more before they started calling the races. Figured I had eyes and binoculars for that purpose.

 

I think everyone will agree just get someone who knows the players, can read the program and speak CLEARLY.

I think everyone will agree just get someone who knows the players, can read the program and speak CLEARLY.

 

Bingo! And that's Kevin Niepoete

I nominate Jac Collinsworth. Does an outstanding job and it could lead to very big things down the road for him. And it probably would land a new State of the Art Press box that some people outside of the program are demanding. But I would settle for Nieporte, he brings a different approach to the game of football. He would definitely have a Panoramic view on top of old DCM.

I can hear it now from Kevin.

 

"That's a 1st down for the Bluebirds on the 51 yard line. LOL!!!

I nominate Jac Collinsworth. Does an outstanding job and it could lead to very big things down the road for him. And it probably would land a new State of the Art Press box that some people outside of the program are demanding. But I would settle for Nieporte, he brings a different approach to the game of football. He would definitely have a Panoramic view on top of old DCM.

 

 

I'd say it's safe to assume that Jac isn't going to be around town on Friday nights this Fall.

 

As for the press box, I read in the paper that the school has requested approval from KDE to spend the money to replace the press box and do other construction projects at the school.

I can hear it now from Kevin.

 

"That's a 1st down for the Bluebirds on the 51 yard line. LOL!!!

 

That line is reserved for one of the radio guys I believe. After a 1st down at the 51, the next play is a gain of 3 to the 54. LOL If not Nieporte on the mike, how about Greg Gadd.

That line is reserved for one of the radio guys I believe. After a 1st down at the 51, the next play is a gain of 3 to the 54. LOL If not Nieporte on the mike, how about Greg Gadd.

 

He already does the radio broadcast, and does a great job

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.