Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Public Address Announcer

Featured Replies

Got an email today about letting a student in the media program do the JV basketball games next week, he will be doing the football games next fall.

 

Seems the school is going with a student in the High School.

 

Hope it Works out for the young Man.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email today about letting a student in the media program do the JV basketball games next week, he will be doing the football games next fall.

 

Seems the school is going with a student in the High School.

 

Hope it Works out for the young Man.

 

That is what I said last week. You are going to host a team from Florida for the first football game and have a student doing the announcing. Will he be familiar with all of the official signals, no the rosters well enough to call out names and better yet, who is going to do the spotting for this person? Big job that I think needs to be given to an adult. Let the student work the frosh and jv football games and maybe even the frosh and jv girls and boys basketball games. I do not like the idea of having a student doing the announcing for varsity games no matter how good they might be.

That is what I said last week. You are going to host a team from Florida for the first football game and have a student doing the announcing. Will he be familiar with all of the official signals, no the rosters well enough to call out names and better yet, who is going to do the spotting for this person? Big job that I think needs to be given to an adult. Let the student work the frosh and jv football games and maybe even the frosh and jv girls and boys basketball games. I do not like the idea of having a student doing the announcing for varsity games no matter how good they might be.

 

We'll disagree on this, and that's okay, but I place more emphasis on allowing a high school kid the opportunity to experience being the PA than I do worrying about whether a mistake is made by the kid.

After hearing other PA guys in the area including guys doing play by play PA, I say let the kids have a shot at it, especially if that is what they are thinking of pursuing in college. The teacher of the media class should be there supervising and can act as spotter. I do think there should be a progression where you let underclass kids do JV and freshman to prove they can handle it before moving up to varsity.

 

We'll disagree on this, and that's okay, but I place more emphasis on allowing a high school kid the opportunity to experience being the PA than I do worrying about whether a mistake is made by the kid.

 

I have to agree with JOAT on this one! You should have to earn the job! I am all for giving a kid an opportunity but let him cut his teeth first! Our program doesn't deserve amateur hour. Kids have no work ethic, parents send e-mail administration caves should we stop keeping score, I am so sick and tired about giving fair opportunities, FTJFL has been looking for somebody to do games for a few years. Why not give the job to a broadcast major, not many people cut their teeth as a news anchor. If the school wants to go in that direction so be it, but if I don't like the product don't anticipate me treating it with kid gloves!

I have to agree with JOAT on this one! You should have to earn the job! I am all for giving a kid an opportunity but let him cut his teeth first! Our program doesn't deserve amateur hour. Kids have no work ethic, parents send e-mail administration caves should we stop keeping score, I am so sick and tired about giving fair opportunities, FTJFL has been looking for somebody to do games for a few years. Why not give the job to a broadcast major, not many people cut their teeth as a news anchor. If the school wants to go in that direction so be it, but if I don't like the product don't anticipate me treating it with kid gloves!

 

 

You and I can disagree too!

Potsie Weber called all the games for Jefferson High and he did a great job!

 

I vote for Nieporte. Does anyone know if he's interested?

That is what I said last week. You are going to host a team from Florida for the first football game and have a student doing the announcing. Will he be familiar with all of the official signals, no the rosters well enough to call out names and better yet, who is going to do the spotting for this person? Big job that I think needs to be given to an adult. Let the student work the frosh and jv football games and maybe even the frosh and jv girls and boys basketball games. I do not like the idea of having a student doing the announcing for varsity games no matter how good they might be.

 

Oh my! Highlands is going to host a team from Florida and let students, some of them inexperienced underclassmen, play in the game. Maybe we should get some adults to play so these kids don't mess it all up.

 

As I said last week. It is a high school event with high school players playing, and it will hurt not one thing if he is not NFL calibre.:thumb:

I have to agree with JOAT on this one! You should have to earn the job! I am all for giving a kid an opportunity but let him cut his teeth first! Our program doesn't deserve amateur hour. Kids have no work ethic, parents send e-mail administration caves should we stop keeping score, I am so sick and tired about giving fair opportunities, FTJFL has been looking for somebody to do games for a few years. Why not give the job to a broadcast major, not many people cut their teeth as a news anchor. If the school wants to go in that direction so be it, but if I don't like the product don't anticipate me treating it with kid gloves!
Kids have no work ethic??? I wonder if Coach Mueller would agree with that statement?

Whomever they give the job to really doesn't matter....fix the sound system!

Oh my! Highlands is going to host a team from Florida and let students, some of them inexperienced underclassmen, play in the game. Maybe we should get some adults to play so these kids don't mess it all up.

 

As I said last week. It is a high school event with high school players playing, and it will hurt not one thing if he is not NFL calibre.:thumb:

 

We can agree to disagree, just as LN and I can.

Whomever they give the job to really doesn't matter....fix the sound system!

 

A new sound system was installed late last season and sounds good.

A new sound system was installed late last season and sounds good.

 

As my friends LN and JOAT say, "We'll have to agree to disagree".

Kids have no work ethic??? I wonder if Coach Mueller would agree with that statement?

 

Obviously that was not in reference to the football team! Let me ask you would Mueller run out a frosh QB to start week 0 against Florida? Our PA starts varsity first night! Have you seen the jumbotron halftime show in your neck of the woods. It might start with a quick word out to our brother in the Carolina's (not good). I just would rather have seen Nieporte assuming he wanted the gig. Just my thoughts.

Hats off to HHS fans. Not many teams can pull off a 2-page PA thread.

 

I freely admit that I underestimated you guys.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.