Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Public Address Announcer

Featured Replies

Obviously that was not in reference to the football team! Let me ask you would Mueller run out a frosh QB to start week 0 against Florida? Our PA starts varsity first night! Have you seen the jumbotron halftime show in your neck of the woods. It might start with a quick word out to our brother in the Carolina's (not good). I just would rather have seen Nieporte assuming he wanted the gig. Just my thoughts.

 

Ok, CovCath guy here and I think Kevin with whom I have had the privilege to work with in the press-box for years doing the JV and the Frosh games, should get the job!

 

Just wondering but do you next put kids in charge of the game clock?

 

Have been in the press box be it for Frosh or JV games with student announcers and between the text messages, phone calls and in one game actually having one student yelling over the PA system, that it was a bad call (honestly Boone County Frosh game), that they leave a lot to be desired.

 

Just wondering if these students will be willing to be at HHS for the JV and or the Frosh games with their spotters, when nobody or at least none of their friends will be there to listen?

 

Oh BTW don't ask me who made the tackle as I look through my field glasses, because if Kevin doesn't get the job, I am not helping them out one bit, as I feel I would be back stabbing a man who has been the backup for years and a guy that I happen to like and admire!

 

Ok start drilling me for posting in a HHS thread!:clap::lol:

  • Replies 94
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

I freely admit that I underestimated you guys.

 

We might agree to disagree but I can tell you we all support the program whether it be with a cannon or a third grade funky touchdown dance! The dedication of the kids, the coaching on the field, the feeder system, support of the community and a healthy debate of the PA. Wait till the new press box arrives! I wii go ahead and vote with the minority on field turf and suggest Boise State/HHS blue! I am sure that will get a stir from my LN friend. Hey I am just glad the community claims me at least I think so. I guarantee you this it is a great place to raise kids, I have had health issues in the past and you never know what tomorrow brings but I am certain my boys would have plenty of community support and that peace of mind sure helps you sleep at night!

Everyone can get preview of the young Man as he will be doing the Highlands basketball JV home games next week. Stop on up and support the Birds.

Ok, CovCath guy here and I think Kevin with whom I have had the privilege to work with in the press-box for years doing the JV and the Frosh games, should get the job!

 

Just wondering but do you next put kids in charge of the game clock?

 

Have been in the press box be it for Frosh or JV games with student announcers and between the text messages, phone calls and in one game actually having one student yelling over the PA system, that it was a bad call (honestly Boone County Frosh game), that they leave a lot to be desired.

 

Just wondering if these students will be willing to be at HHS for the JV and or the Frosh games with their spotters, when nobody or at least none of their friends will be there to listen?

 

Oh BTW don't ask me who made the tackle as I look through my field glasses, because if Kevin doesn't get the job, I am not helping them out one bit, as I feel I would be back stabbing a man who has been the backup for years and a guy that I happen to like and admire!

 

Ok start drilling me for posting in a HHS thread!:clap::lol:

 

Only issue I have with your post is that running a game clock has a lot more to do with the outcome of the game than the pa announcer. I would never put a high school student in a position to be able to affect a high school game.

Ok, CovCath guy here and I think Kevin with whom I have had the privilege to work with in the press-box for years doing the JV and the Frosh games, should get the job!

 

Just wondering but do you next put kids in charge of the game clock?

 

Have been in the press box be it for Frosh or JV games with student announcers and between the text messages, phone calls and in one game actually having one student yelling over the PA system, that it was a bad call (honestly Boone County Frosh game), that they leave a lot to be desired.

 

Just wondering if these students will be willing to be at HHS for the JV and or the Frosh games with their spotters, when nobody or at least none of their friends will be there to listen?

 

Oh BTW don't ask me who made the tackle as I look through my field glasses, because if Kevin doesn't get the job, I am not helping them out one bit, as I feel I would be back stabbing a man who has been the backup for years and a guy that I happen to like and admire!

 

Ok start drilling me for posting in a HHS thread!:clap::lol:

 

Wait! What? You are a CovCath guy? That explains a lot.

 

Well agree with most of what you said. I would also have to take into perspective of when that press box starts a rockin, will the youngster be able to handle it. I mean it takes a veteran to know all exit points and proper landing areas below if they have to evacuate that thing. I'm sure you and Kevin had some interesting talks up there when the creaking starts.

 

Wait! What? You are a CovCath guy? That explains a lot.

 

Well agree with most of what you said. I would also have to take into perspective of when that press box starts a rockin, will the youngster be able to handle it. I mean it takes a veteran to know all exit points and proper landing areas below if they have to evacuate that thing. I'm sure you and Kevin had some interesting talks up there when the creaking starts.

 

If you need to evacuate and are following Kevin out be sure it is the good eye! He deserves it after the big guy don't like to bend choke at parent/teacher night! I still owe him!

Wait! What? You are a CovCath guy? That explains a lot.

 

Well agree with most of what you said. I would also have to take into perspective of when that press box starts a rockin, will the youngster be able to handle it. I mean it takes a veteran to know all exit points and proper landing areas below if they have to evacuate that thing. I'm sure you and Kevin had some interesting talks up there when the creaking starts.

 

Not only Kevin but the kind and friendly gentlemen who runs the game clock for not only the Frosh and JV but also the Varsity. As much as I am not a HHS fan, I really like and admire Kevin and the gentlemen who runs your game clock, we all have a good time up there and believe it or not, agree more often then disagree on calls made on the field and yes we have talked about the box coming down and our plan is to just hope we don't kill someone below us, as the box and us come down on those below! :eek:

Ok, CovCath guy here and I think Kevin with whom I have had the privilege to work with in the press-box for years doing the JV and the Frosh games, should get the job!

 

Just wondering but do you next put kids in charge of the game clock?

 

Have been in the press box be it for Frosh or JV games with student announcers and between the text messages, phone calls and in one game actually having one student yelling over the PA system, that it was a bad call (honestly Boone County Frosh game), that they leave a lot to be desired.

 

Just wondering if these students will be willing to be at HHS for the JV and or the Frosh games with their spotters, when nobody or at least none of their friends will be there to listen?

 

Oh BTW don't ask me who made the tackle as I look through my field glasses, because if Kevin doesn't get the job, I am not helping them out one bit, as I feel I would be back stabbing a man who has been the backup for years and a guy that I happen to like and admire!

 

Ok start drilling me for posting in a HHS thread!:clap::lol:

 

 

Oh that brings back memories of that Freak show out in Independence.

 

"Highlands fans, sit down and shut up" over the PA. Funniest thing I have ever heard at a Football game. :thumb:

 

 

Kevin would be my first choice for sure, but hey, I have no pull in Ft Thomas...Just sayin

Oh that brings back memories of that Freak show out in Independence.

 

"Highlands fans, sit down and shut up" over the PA. Funniest thing I have ever heard at a Football game. :thumb:

 

 

Kevin would be my first choice for sure, but hey, I have no pull in Ft Thomas...Just sayin

 

Best part of that episode happened when the SK varsity head coach looked up to the press box and told the PA announcer to shut up.

Best part of that episode happened when the SK varsity head coach looked up to the press box and told the PA announcer to shut up.

 

Was funny but in all honesty that announcer was neither a student nor an adult.

Was funny but in all honesty that announcer was neither a student nor an adult.

 

Ouch!

4 pages on an announcer opening? Seems like several posters have enough to say that they could do the announcing..................joke:D

 

 

Or should I invoke the Highlands ending and use................just sayin..................

4 pages on an announcer opening? Seems like several posters have enough to say that they could do the announcing..................joke:D

 

 

Or should I invoke the Highlands ending and use................just sayin..................

 

See if you hang out long enough, some things rub off. LOL!

 

Here is one that hasn't gotten used enough.

 

"Stairway to Seven!" C'mon try it, you'll like it! Just saying!

See if you hang out long enough, some things rub off. LOL!

 

Here is one that hasn't gotten used enough.

 

"Stairway to Seven!" C'mon try it, you'll like it! Just saying!

 

 

 

:laugh: I cannot do it............................

:laugh: I cannot do it............................

 

What about "State Champions in Training".......:D That is commonly used as well!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.