Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chip Kelly close to deal to become Browns Head Coach

Featured Replies

Eagles from an offensive standpoint would be much better suited for Kelly. McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, which equals speed, speed, speed. I see his offense being a lot better in Phili than Cleveland, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well.

 

Another HC the Browns have to fall back on and will fire in 2 years.

Either he told them he's taking another job or he failed the interview.

 

I get the feeling he told them no. If they didn't like him, why wait until Sunday to start the other interviews?

I know he will cash in but why go to the Browns? They are not very good.

It's because Mike Brown is too stupid to fire the worst coach in the NFL so the bengals job isn't available. :D

An article on NFL.com says Phil Knight is doing everything he can to keep Chip out of the NFL and at Oregon. I wonder what Knight is doing behind the scenes.

An article on NFL.com says Phil Knight is doing everything he can to keep Chip out of the NFL and at Oregon. I wonder what Knight is doing behind the scenes.

 

Unless Phil Knight can get the sanctions that are sure to come at Oregon to go away, I think Kelly will be in Philly coaching the Eagles.

I hope he stays. Oregon could pay him 6-7 mill and I bet Phil Knight is working some magic.

Phil doesnt do anything "behind the scenes."

@AdamSchefter: Chip Kelly turned down a chance to go to the NFL and to returned to Oregon, according to sources. Considered Eagles but stayed at Oregon.

@RapSheet: I can confirm reports that #Oregon coach Chip Kelly is staying in college. Apparently, #Nike founder Phil Knight stepped up.

@AdamSchefter: Chip Kelly turned down a chance to go to the NFL and to returned to Oregon, according to sources. Considered Eagles but stayed at Oregon.

 

I hope so I like college football being able to keep some of the elite coaches rather than being a training facilitator for the NFL.

It makes me wonder what will happen at Oregon with the NCAA investigation. Maybe it won't be as bad as I anticipated?

 

Stay tuned...

I was hoping Cleveland would get him, because I think he would have done horrible with the Browns. The Browns have some good young talent, but I don't think he would have been a good coach for them.

Could Kelly ink a $6,000,000 deal?

It makes me wonder what will happen at Oregon with the NCAA investigation. Maybe it won't be as bad as I anticipated?

 

Stay tuned...

 

Phil Knight's influence in effect, I'm afraid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.