Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brent Bach

Featured Replies

He played with Shining Stars Elite 2 years ago and is playing for Nike's KY Travelers this year in the EYBL. EYBL is the biggest exposure level of AAU and we're hopeful he gets looks from the major D-1's as a result. He's been very fortunate to have many of the 10th region coaches promoting him and Augusta's coaching staff and administration ramping up our schedule and also promoting him at any level they can.
when did he start playing with the travelers? I thought he was with hoop dreams. I know he started with the Louisville Magic
  • Replies 85
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when did he start playing with the travelers? I thought he was with hoop dreams. I know he started with the Louisville Magic

 

That post is from January. I'm pretty sure he is with Hoop Dreams now.

Rather than try to respond to individual comments here, I thought I'd just give you all an update on Brent. We just finished playing in the Adidas Invitation in Indy with Hoop Dreams. We won our pool and we're seeded in the Platinum Bracket but lost in the first round to a very long and talented Florida Black Elite team (wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final 4) but we only lost by 6. Two of our 3 "bigs" didn't play; Chris Hudson and Brandon Trotter and that hurt us size and bench depth wise. Brent had 23 in game 1, 9 in game 2 (tweaked his sprained ankle and sat most of the second half), 29 in game 3 and 21 in game 4 against Florida Elite. Sean Woods was there to watch as well as High Point, Garner-Webb, Arkansas State, BC, Ohio U, USC, LSU, KY Wesleyan, and a host of other coaches (probably 40 in all). I spoke to Coach Woods post-game, and Arkansas State and I traded emails several times. We have 1 and possibly 2 more AAU tournaments but I'm sure we'll here from more rather than less teams after this weekend.

 

As most of you who know our family are aware, Brent just recently turned 17 and has a "big" brother who's 6'4" that didn't grow until mid way through his senior season. Brent can't put on weight just yet because his metabolism prevents that (remember those good old days guys?) Anyway, he starts working with a certified trainer Monday to build more strength, and of course he'll keep trying to improve his defensive game as well as his shooting. All in all we're very pleased with all the interest Brent has gotten and when the time is right we'll choose what the best scenario is for Brent. It should be a very interesting and eye opening experience for anyone who has seen him play lately and our schedule will help everyone on our team get better.

 

I continue to thank you for your continued interest and support and we also continually stress to Brent how truly blessed he is at this point so he stays grounded. Although I know he thanks God every day for his blessings.

Rather than try to respond to individual comments here, I thought I'd just give you all an update on Brent. We just finished playing in the Adidas Invitation in Indy with Hoop Dreams. We won our pool and we're seeded in the Platinum Bracket but lost in the first round to a very long and talented Florida Black Elite team (wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final 4) but we only lost by 6. Two of our 3 "bigs" didn't play; Chris Hudson and Brandon Trotter and that hurt us size and bench depth wise. Brent had 23 in game 1, 9 in game 2 (tweaked his sprained ankle and sat most of the second half), 29 in game 3 and 21 in game 4 against Florida Elite. Sean Woods was there to watch as well as High Point, Garner-Webb, Arkansas State, BC, Ohio U, USC, LSU, KY Wesleyan, and a host of other coaches (probably 40 in all). I spoke to Coach Woods post-game, and Arkansas State and I traded emails several times. We have 1 and possibly 2 more AAU tournaments but I'm sure we'll here from more rather than less teams after this weekend.

 

As most of you who know our family are aware, Brent just recently turned 17 and has a "big" brother who's 6'4" that didn't grow until mid way through his senior season. Brent can't put on weight just yet because his metabolism prevents that (remember those good old days guys?) Anyway, he starts working with a certified trainer Monday to build more strength, and of course he'll keep trying to improve his defensive game as well as his shooting. All in all we're very pleased with all the interest Brent has gotten and when the time is right we'll choose what the best scenario is for Brent. It should be a very interesting and eye opening experience for anyone who has seen him play lately and our schedule will help everyone on our team get better.

 

I continue to thank you for your continued interest and support and we also continually stress to Brent how truly blessed he is at this point so he stays grounded. Although I know he thanks God every day for his blessings.

 

 

Thanks for the update! :thumb:

I look forward to following his career and hope for the opportunity to see him play someone this year.

I look forward to following his career and hope for the opportunity to see him play someone this year.

 

Perhaps an Augusta-Bracken County rivalry matchup in the august company of Randy Parker and mcpapa is in the cards.

I am fortunate to have seen him play several times in the 10th region. Thanks so much for keeping us updated AndOneDad. Wishing him and your family only the best in this journey. Enjoy the ride it is over all too soon. Look forward to great things from him this coming season.

Perhaps an Augusta-Bracken County rivalry matchup in the august company of Randy Parker and mcpapa is in the cards.

 

I'm down.

Perhaps an Augusta-Bracken County rivalry matchup in the august company of Randy Parker and mcpapa is in the cards.

 

I'm down.

 

You'd also get to see Bracken freshman Austin Crawford if that was the game we'd check out.

 

Augusta is playing in Lexington at least once this year. That would probably be more of a middle-ground for the three of us.

What are his measureables? Appears to be 6'1" 160?

You'd also get to see Bracken freshman Austin Crawford if that was the game we'd check out.

 

Augusta is playing in Lexington at least once this year. That would probably be more of a middle-ground for the three of us.

 

If the dates work we may be able to do both. I love a road trip when possible.

If the dates work we may be able to do both. I love a road trip when possible.

 

Can I come too?

Great news about all of the interest regarding Brent. I didn't think coaches were allowed to speak with kids or parents during these events?

Can I come too?

 

Of course gold. Somebody has to buy all the popcorn.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.