Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brent Bach

Featured Replies

Augusta has played 4 games in the last 7 days, with one more coming tonight. Here's what this young man has done:

 

45 vs. Pendleton (loss)

41 vs. Bourbon (win)

30 vs. Bracken (win)

30 vs. Paris (win)

 

Is he the best scorer in the area? When I say area I'm including you folks who assume that Kenton, Boone, and Campbell counties are on some sort of independent island.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched Bach twice this year & have been impressed that he doesn't force a lot of the action. He certainly looks to score, but there is a difference between forcing & looking to score. What really helps him is his ability to get to the FT line & then convert at an incredibly high percentage. Of everything he's done this year, the 18-18 FT's vs. Pendleton County maybe impresses me more than anything.

 

My wife was with me at the Augusta/Bracken game the other night, and she's quite the basketball player/fan herself. She'd never watched Bach, but came away impressed. Her simple assessment? "I like him." Coming from a woman of few words, I can tell you that this equates to high praise.

 

Of course, Nick Clooney was also in attendance at that game. When I told her who he was (i.e. George's Dad) she said, "He's a pretty man." So there is that. :lol:

  • Author
I've watched Bach twice this year & have been impressed that he doesn't force a lot of the action. He certainly looks to score, but there is a difference between forcing & looking to score. What really helps him is his ability to get to the FT line & then convert at an incredibly high percentage. Of everything he's done this year, the 18-18 FT's vs. Pendleton County maybe impresses me more than anything.

 

My wife was with me at the Augusta/Bracken game the other night, and she's quite the basketball player/fan herself. She'd never watched Bach, but came away impressed. Her simple assessment? "I like him." Coming from a woman of few words, I can tell you that this equates to high praise.

 

Of course, Nick Clooney was also in attendance at that game. When I told her who he was (i.e. George's Dad) she said, "He's a pretty man." So there is that. :lol:

 

He's not a better scorer than Ms. RP! If he ends up with as many National Championship rings as her, then he's been a success.

:lol:

 

She's a better shooter, but he's a better scorer. :lol:

 

I'm anxious to see how Bach fares at Mason County next weekend. I think they play Cooper & Dixie Heights. While I'm sure defenses have already focused on him, I'm not sure he's faced anything quite like what he'll encounter next Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping to take in one of those games, so we'll see how it goes. I really enjoy watching him.

I had seen at him play at Deming earlier this season and I thought he was taller, but no matter his skills stood head and shoulders above everyone else.

RP you also didn't mention his ability to play passing lanes, he's probably gotten a bout 6-8 points each time I've seen him just off steals and the resulting fast break. He also does a good job of rebounding from his position.

 

His athleticism may be his best attribute in a lot of instances.

His performance at Pendleton was certainly impressive. I also hope to see him again at Mason Co. on the 21st.

RP you also didn't mention his ability to play passing lanes, he's probably gotten a bout 6-8 points each time I've seen him just off steals and the resulting fast break. He also does a good job of rebounding from his position.

 

His athleticism may be his best attribute in a lot of instances.

 

Correct on all counts. I was just highlighting what impresses me the most.

  • Author
:lol:

 

She's a better shooter, but he's a better scorer. :lol:

 

I'm anxious to see how Bach fares at Mason County next weekend. I think they play Cooper & Dixie Heights. While I'm sure defenses have already focused on him, I'm not sure he's faced anything quite like what he'll encounter next Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping to take in one of those games, so we'll see how it goes. I really enjoy watching him.

 

I'd join you, but I'll be behind the mike for the girls Christmas tournament. 6 games in 20 hours.

Thank you for all the kind words for my son. The recognition and support for him has been tremendous and I know he's very thankful and feels very blessed. I can tell you whether it's scoring, rebounding, passing, or defense, his singular focus is his team winning. He does his best to make that happen every night he takes the floor and he credits his coaches and teammates for any success they've enjoyed. Of course, I'm biased, but he's a very special young man and we hope he continues to excel on and off the court for many years to come.

Thank you for all the kind words for my son. The recognition and support for him has been tremendous and I know he's very thankful and feels very blessed. I can tell you whether it's scoring, rebounding, passing, or defense, his singular focus is his team winning. He does his best to make that happen every night he takes the floor and he credits his coaches and teammates for any success they've enjoyed. Of course, I'm biased, but he's a very special young man and we hope he continues to excel on and off the court for many years to come.

You are a proud papa, and have every right to be.

Bach is being recruited pretty heavily & by some Division 1 schools. NKU has shown great interest in the Augusta junior.

Any names on the other schools that have shown interest? Was impressed with Bach's ability get above the rim.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.