Louisville to ACC

98NCCalum

"My problem is not them leaving," [Pitino] said. "My problem is you did it in 48 hours. Don't run away with a girl after one date when you've been dating someone else for three or four years. You've been dating this woman for 30 years, show a little respect."

Rick's comments following the Syracuse announcement they were leaving for the ACC. I crack up for obvious/various reasons every time I read that quote.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about the talk of several teams leaving the ACC? Maybe Duke and a UNC to the Big 10 and Virginia Tech and NC State to the SEC.
That is what I was curious about but maybe this move adds some stability to the ACC. The initial thought was that there would be 4 conferences as opposed to the 6 in place. Obviously the Big East is is gone, but the Big 12 and ACC were the wildcards. It seems to me the Big 12 would make more sense to disband. Especially from a geographical sense.

What about the talk of several teams leaving the ACC? Maybe Duke and a UNC to the Big 10 and Virginia Tech and NC State to the SEC.

I'll believe Duke and UNC to the Big 10 when I see them at a press conference with Jim Delaney.

Big East Football in 2014:

Cincinnati

South Florida

Connecticut

Temple

East Carolina

Central Florida

Boise State

San Diego State

SMU

Houston

Memphis

Tulane

Navy in 2015

Would make sense to try to lure Air Force or BYU.

In you're UC and UCONN do you try to become 15 and 16 in the ACC or stay with what you have and hope those markets help grow some of those football programs. Big East Basketball is still pretty solid.

Do you now make your case to the Big 12?

Big East Football in 2014:

Cincinnati

South Florida

Connecticut

Temple

East Carolina

Central Florida

Boise State

San Diego State

SMU

Houston

Memphis

Tulane

Navy in 2015

Would make sense to try to lure Air Force or BYU.

In you're UC and UCONN do you try to become 15 and 16 in the ACC or stay with what you have and hope those markets help grow some of those football programs. Big East Basketball is still pretty solid.

Do you now make your case to the Big 12?

I saw today that none of the Big East football schools in 2004 will be playing in the Big East in 2014.

Happy for my Cards but with the craziness of realignment I think it could be a short term gain. I've heard its a possibility for Clemson, Ga Tech, and FSU to join SEC. I feel the ACC could become like the Big East with other conferences taking their schools. Wonder how WV is feeling now? Having to travel all the way to the Big 12 Schools with no rivalries. Would they have been invited to ACC if they were still in Big East? For the record I hate that the Big East is breaking apart in basketball. Best Basketball conference ever. In my opinion the Big East helped build ESPN in to the empire it is with all those great rivalry games and Big Monday. Now most people feel ESPN is the reason for its demise.