Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Woods Goes Off On Player

Featured Replies

I didn't like the name Cal used with Terrence Jones.

 

To me, it goes back to what Clizzy said about it looking like Woods wanted to fight. There were some moments there when it seemed to me that Woods had gone over the edge.

 

I'd love to know exactly what was said.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, no problems with coaches yelling at players but the problem is that he took it a lot further than he should have. It lasted way too long and once the assistant pulled te player away Woods should have been done with it. He wasn't and that is the problem.

Like I said, no problems with coaches yelling at players but the problem is that he took it a lot further than he should have. It lasted way too long and once the assistant pulled te player away Woods should have been done with it. He wasn't and that is the problem.

 

But we still don't know what he said.

 

What if he said "he was sorry for pushing him. He loves him and expects better from him. That to get where they want to get they have to learn from the mistakes that cost them this game."

 

What if he said that after the assistant pulled the player away?

So everyone who has a problem with this had a problem with Cal's treatment of Terrence Jones and the way he screams and yells at practice? I've seen Coach K yell at players like that. Problem with that? Pitino? Problem there? The list goes on and on.

 

I don't know. It just doesn't move me like that.

 

It was too much. You don't get physical with a player. Scream all you want.

For me, Woods had a look in his eyes when he had gone to the huddle to instruct his team, and then the kid said something. Woods then turned around and that was when I thought, "Whoa!"

  • Author

He yelled at him the entire timeout instead of leading the huddle and actually coaching. I have no problem with the yelling but the look on his face and the way he pushed the kid around was over the line IMO. He literally made a grown man cry with the stuff he said to him.

Woods looked like a bully. Yell all you want but the shove in the back was over the top and IMO crossed the line. Like I said Woods has a history of this kind of behavior, after his short sighted comments this week I'm beginning to think he has control issues.

That's all the "shove" was? when hes pushing him to the bench? All this hubub over that? I see nothing wrong with it. Furthermore watch longer in the video, when the player sits on the bench, and coach is still yelling at him, the player doesnet shut up, the player to his left on the bench says shut up to him to get him to stop talking. yet he keeps going.

 

Don't know what the kid did in the game part before the video to get coach all heated up, but sometimes as a player the best thing to say is nothing, take your butt chewing and move on. This player needs to learn that.

 

But we still don't know what he said.

 

What if he said "he was sorry for pushing him. He loves him and expects better from him. That to get where they want to get they have to learn from the mistakes that cost them this game."

 

What if he said that after the assistant pulled the player away?

 

There's no way he said that in the confrontation after the assistant pulled the player away. He was still yelling

 

I get what you're saying but I doubt that happened.

Did not cross the line. Went to it, tip-toed it, didn't cross it.

 

This is men we are talking about.

 

 

Wussification of America continues

Apparently, when Atkinson walked to the bench, he asked where his juice box was. That's when Woods told him he would get a juice box when the game was over. Atkinson then asked if he was getting an oatmeal pie too and that's when Woods lost it, pushed him to the bench and said they would ALL get snacks after the game

If this is the way he wants to build a program, how many potential recruits see him on ESPN for the wrong reasons? Stupid on his part in my opinion. I've got no problem when a coach challenges his guys, but laying hands on them is stupid. What would have made a better show is it the kid did a 180 and grabbed Woods by the neck.

According to a Morehead spokesperson, Woods could be facing disciplanary action as of tomorow.

So everyone who has a problem with this had a problem with Cal's treatment of Terrence Jones and the way he screams and yells at practice? I've seen Coach K yell at players like that. Problem with that? Pitino? Problem there? The list goes on and on.

 

I don't know. It just doesn't move me like that.

 

Actually I posted without watching the video earlier. I dont think the shove was that big of a deal. The problem I have is that he didnt have to continue with his rant to where the kid was demoralized. He may have said something that deserved punishment but Woods has to keep his head and handle that stuff behind closed doors.

 

His demeanor on the sidelines is almost borderline nuts. Constantly flailing his arms and yelling at the kids. He just seems very negative and not very positive with his team.

 

Maybe this style works with those kids, I dont know but I can tell you it wont help him in recruiting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.