Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Woods Goes Off On Player

Featured Replies

Over reaction by ESPN and everyone else. I like that he is an intense coach. Trying to get the most from his players. Should he shoved the young man? No, but his team was playing hard and he wanted to win. He had got the most out of that group last night.

 

We don't know what the kid said or how this young man acts daily.

 

Also IK fans get over what he said about your team, I would bet 90% of most college players feel entitled. Especially at UK, place that builds them up to be bigger than life.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, when Atkinson walked to the bench, he asked where his juice box was. That's when Woods told him he would get a juice box when the game was over. Atkinson then asked if he was getting an oatmeal pie too and that's when Woods lost it, pushed him to the bench and said they would ALL get snacks after the game

 

:laugh:

 

This might be the funniest thing I have read in quite some time. Good one man.

Apparently, when Atkinson walked to the bench, he asked where his juice box was. That's when Woods told him he would get a juice box when the game was over. Atkinson then asked if he was getting an oatmeal pie too and that's when Woods lost it, pushed him to the bench and said they would ALL get snacks after the game

 

 

:lol: :lol:

I'd guess that the kids that played for DT last year would far prefer the profane tirades over the nose to nose and hands on correction. There's no need for the physical stuff. If you need that, well, you have issues of your own in my opinion. This is not old school. I've had, and respected, old school coaches. This is something else, the video is pretty telling. Again, I can't think there are prospective athletes out there that can't wait for that type of coaching.

Coach Woods =

 

I know what was said and the player deserved a good ripping.

I'd guess that the kids that played for DT last year would far prefer the profane tirades over the nose to nose and hands on correction. There's no need for the physical stuff. If you need that, well, you have issues of your own in my opinion. This is not old school. I've had, and respected, old school coaches. This is something else, the video is pretty telling. Again, I can't think there are prospective athletes out there that can't wait for that type of coaching.

 

A push in the back doesn't bother me.

I know what was said and the player deserved a good ripping.

 

:lol: :lol:

 

You're killing me!!!!!!

 

What'd he say? :D

A push in the back doesn't bother me.

Ah, I understand, but still when you look at it as a whole, that's not the way to earn respect in my opinion. Not in this day and age.

Ah, I understand, but still when you look at it as a whole, that's not the way to earn respect in my opinion. Not in this day and age.

 

I do understand that in this day and age this type of behavior is no longer tolerated like it was back in the day. That is definitely true.

The real issue is Sean Woods put his program in the national spotlight for all the wrong reasons. A good ripping might have been deserved but in the process Woods made himself look like Billy Gillispie and that is someone you don't want to look like. It was a dumb, dumb move on his part and could have a negative effect on his career.

According to a Morehead spokesperson' date=' Woods could be facing disciplanary action as of tomorow.[/quote']

 

It seems to me that Morehead is reacting to the publicity. Had this not made Sportscenter I don't feel the school would have even blinked an eye.

:lol: :lol:

 

 

You're killing me!!!!!!

 

What'd he say? :D

 

Sorry i was afraid of getting in trouble. He came off the court with a bad attitude and said a word that starts with F.

Wireman do you think the university will take action ?

 

I havent heard for sure. If they do i think it'll be a move to make folks happy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.