Joker is OUT at Season's End

Hangman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would absolutely love it if Kentucky hired Mike Leach.

Mike Leach - HC

Neal Brown - OC

and fill out the rest with good coaches

Considering their backgrounds Dykes and Brown could happen in theory. If Dykes got the job he would have to bring a different OC.

Seriously. If you want your program to turn around you have to hit a home run hire. See: Calipari.

I'd say its a little easier to hire a big name coach for UK basketball than it is football. The football program isn't all that attractive of a job.

I'd say its a little easier to hire a big name coach for UK basketball than it is football. The football program isn't all that attractive of a job.

That's not the point. The point is you're not going to turn any program of any sport around with an underwhelming hire. You have to get parents/recruits/fans interested. Louisiana Tech's football coach isn't going to attract many people. You're better off with a "sexy" hire. Not a good football coach that no one has ever heard of.

I would hire him in a minute. If he would take the job I would announce him HC tomorrow.

Same here. People get to wrapped up in personal issues.

So he cheated on his wife, he messed up. The only person he owes anything to is God and his wife.Get right with them.

I bet none of us worry about our doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, etc who committed adultery. Why should it matter about a college head football coach? I guess because we expect them to be something that none of us are, which is "perfect".

That's not the point. The point is you're not going to turn any program of any sport around with an underwhelming hire. You have to get parents/recruits/fans interested. Louisiana Tech's football coach isn't going to attract many people. You're better off with a "sexy" hire. Not a good football coach that no one has ever heard of.

I'm not sure why hiring Sonny Dykes would be underwhelming. There probably arent any real big name guys that will want the job. Gotta do the best with what's available.

Who do you suggest btw?

Brooks was doing just fine, and he was FAR from a sexy hire.

No doubt UK could use an experienced, steady and patient coach like a Bill Synder. The problem is, Joker has used up all the patience of this fan base. IMO it's to the point UK will have to make a sexy hire to inject some energy into this fan base...

UK will NOT hire Petrino, I would bet the ranch on it.

I disagree with some of the posters on here in regards to this notion that UK has to make some high profile hire. I think CFB is a little different in comparison to CBB with hiring coaches. First, it's going to take time whomever it is that is hired. A lot of programs make hires that at first are not mind blowing, but have over time become successful.

I think this program needs someone innovative and intense.

Most importantly whoever is hired needs to revive some pride in these players!!

UK will NOT hire Petrino, I would bet the ranch on it.

I disagree with some of the posters on here in regards to this notion that UK has to make some high profile hire. I think CFB is a little different in comparison to CBB with hiring coaches. First, it's going to take time whomever it is that is hired. A lot of programs make hires that at first are not mind blowing, but have over time become successful.

I think this program needs someone innovative and intense.

Most importantly whoever is hired needs to revive some pride in these players!!

I get what you're saying, but I think you're missing the point. Joker has used up what little patience this fan base has. Whoever UK hires has to inject energy into this fan base immediately. 19,000 butt's at CW wont cut it, and if the fan base isn't energized that's what you can expect...