Joker is OUT at Season's End

Hangman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came from someone that works at UK is what I'm told.......

This is the list that UK has given yahoosports

Sonny Dykes - Louisiana Tech Head Coach

Dirk Koetter - Atlanta Falcons D-Coord

Brent Pease - Florida O'Coord

Neal Brown - Texas Tech Head Coach

Plus some more College Offense Coordinators. It's believed that Brent Pease and Neal Brown are both interested in the job

Bobby Petrinio is not being considered

Kentucky not considering hiring Bobby Petrino after firing Joker Phillips - Yahoo! Sports

Not a surprise but, it still doesn't solve the 50 yr problem of UK football. Name a Coach that has left UK and had future success as a Head Coach. Name one that left that wasn't fired. Who will want a job were you can't recruit Alabama type players but the school thinks you should have Alabama results. 7-5 expectations are better that 2-10; both are mediorce. When is 7-5 not good enough. Just saying, Coach Phillips did his best, got rid of the people who wasn't doing the job but in the end, didn't get results. let's hope they can get someone to fix a 50 year problem.

Not a surprise but' date=' it still doesn't solve the 50 yr problem of UK football. Name a Coach that has left UK and had future success as a Head Coach. Name one that left that wasn't fired. Who will want a job were you can't recruit Alabama type players but the school thinks you should have Alabama results. 7-5 expectations are better that 2-10; both are mediorce. When is 7-5 not good enough. Just saying, Coach Phillips did his best, got rid of the people who wasn't doing the job but in the end, didn't get results. let's hope they can get someone to fix a 50 year problem.[/quote']

Paul Bryant?

It's not him so don't hold your breathe.

This is not the basketball team, this job has never been an attractive job for a coach.

Oh, I'm not, but there aren't going to be a ton of schools looking at JT right now. If there was ever a "big" name coach that might consider UK, you'd have to think JT would in his current situation if UK was interested. There are several decent hires UK could make, I don't care which one it is.

Came from someone that works at UK is what I'm told.......

This is the list that UK has given yahoosports

Sonny Dykes - Louisiana Tech Head Coach

Dirk Koetter - Atlanta Falcons D-Coord

Brent Pease - Florida O'Coord

Neal Brown - Texas Tech Head Coach

Plus some more College Offense Coordinators. It's believed that Brent Pease and Neal Brown are both interested in the job

Bobby Petrinio is not being considered

Pease was on staff with Mumme wasn't he? Brown was a receiver for the Cats.

I was really hoping that Joker was the man to get this going.

For big names what about a Bill Cower?

LRCW' date=' I didn't expect you to go there but you are absolutely correct. I was actually tring to make a point and the 50 years was a stretch, I was actually speaking o the program from when I started watching until now.[/quote']

I knew what you meant. Just giving you a hard time.