Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predictions Beechwood/Ryle (Frosh)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are where is the game being played?

10/24 at BW I believe..... 6pm

 

I think it's been changed to 6:30.

Will this game be played by frosh who played frosh all year (no Varsity experience) or will one/either team use any frosh that played Varsity snaps? Seem to recall some teams moving players 'down' to play this game- although neither were Ryle or BW.

Will this game be played by frosh who played frosh all year (no Varsity experience) or will one/either team use any frosh that played Varsity snaps? Seem to recall some teams moving players 'down' to play this game- although neither were Ryle or BW.

 

I'm sure that Ryle will use their freshman that have experience at higher levels. They don't have much to play for at the Varsity level and quite frankly a win in this game might deflect some of the pressure of a sub par season from the Ryle staff.

I'm sure that Ryle will use their freshman that have experience at higher levels. They don't have much to play for at the Varsity level and quite frankly a win in this game might deflect some of the pressure of a sub par season from the Ryle staff.

 

I would not think this would have any bearing on the varsity critics...............

Will this game be played by frosh who played frosh all year (no Varsity experience) or will one/either team use any frosh that played Varsity snaps? Seem to recall some teams moving players 'down' to play this game- although neither were Ryle or BW.

 

Easy answer from the Beechwood side - no freshmen play up. No freshmen even dress varsity until freshman season is over. That is the way it is every year at Beechwood. It is very rare that a freshman at Beechwood dresses for any varsity or JV games. Once the freshman season is over, any freshman who wants to dress varsity is allowed to move up and be with the team through the entire playoffs.

Will this game be played by frosh who played frosh all year (no Varsity experience) or will one/either team use any frosh that played Varsity snaps? Seem to recall some teams moving players 'down' to play this game- although neither were Ryle or BW.

 

Not sure either team has anyone that had logged serious minutes at the varsity level? How much has Colin England played up? I know. with the exception of injury, he has played a full frosh schedule, as he should. Kid is the real deal, can't wait to watch him tomorrow night.

 

As for predictions, I have not seen Ryle play, so anything would be a one sided guess. I would like to hear from those that have seen or played both.

I saw Ryle play earlier this year and they looked good, the England kid is big, fast, and runs very hard...mirror image of Stringer. Not into prognostication today, should be a heck of a game by two really good teams, they are both the class of the freshmen teams this year, IMO.

I will go with Beechwood.. I just think they have more weapons on the offensive side of the ball. It would not surprise me if Ryle won though..

Would be nice to see this game played on a "neutral" field. Did BW earn the Home Field or is the frosh championship always played at BW? Just curious.

BW is undefeated, so they get the Championship Game..

I have seen both play personally, Beechwood in the early part of the season and Ryle in the latter. Unless Ryle was missing some players in the game I saw, Beechwood should win this game rather handily unless they have one of their key players out for this game.

How many 8th Graders play on Ryles Frosh team? Do play both middle school and frosh?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.