Fine, if you want to promote Lloyd Mem as your signature win on the season, I have no problem with it. But, that just goes to show where this years NCC team is compared to some of it's past teams.. NCCs better teams in the last 10-15 years wouldn't have had any problem with this years Arch McNicholas or Holmes and would have, at the least, split with SK and Campbell Co.. I do think they'll be a tough out in the playoffs, but, I still say the recent scores are more due to competition level than anything else..

I don't care where NCC is ranked! It doesn't matter, they don't need to prove anything, they're ranked 4th.....forget about them they don't have a prayer! Lol! It's funny watching them drop in the state rankings when they lose to 5 and 6a schools. NCC and HC fans know from the past 2 years that they need to take care of business up here b4 they go down state to play undefeated or nearly undefeated teams that had signature wins against one of the county central teams. I JOKE!!!!! Before you get really mad, their are good teams down there, my point is you hear about Glasgow and OC the last 2 years going into the state game and nothing shows up. These rankings don't matter! The games head to head come state time do. It gets old listening to how good teams are when you look at their schedules their is really no way to tell because they play cupcakes all year, that doesn't go for all the teams just most.

Fine, if you want to promote Lloyd Mem as your signature win on the season, I have no problem with it. But, that just goes to show where this years NCC team is compared to some of it's past teams.. NCCs better teams in the last 10-15 years wouldn't have had any problem with this years Arch McNicholas or Holmes and would have, at the least, split with SK and Campbell Co.. I do think they'll be a tough out in the playoffs, but, I still say the recent scores are more due to competition level than anything else..

Judging by your name you are a Mayfield fan. I don't know how in tune you are up here. In case you aren't, NewCath started this year thin on depth and lost four starters right away, which actually meant losing 6 starting positions. Additionally, they consistently shot themselves in the foot in losses to Holmes, McNick and SK. They lost those 3 by a combined 16pts. Through all that, you could tell that the pieces were there. It was just a matter of gelling and execution. As a Mayfield fan, you "just know" that a team has championship qualities when you watch your team play. I feel the same about NewCath this year that I did in 06. The pieces are there to have a great year. However, they will need to consistently make their own breaks, not give other teams theirs.

And regular season polls are fodder for teams that haven't won anything. In 2 weeks, the only thing that counts begins.

I don't care where NCC is ranked! It doesn't matter, they don't need to prove anything, they're ranked 4th.....forget about them they don't have a prayer! Lol! It's funny watching them drop in the state rankings when they lose to 5 and 6a schools. NCC and HC fans know from the past 2 years that they need to take care of business up here b4 they go down state to play undefeated or nearly undefeated teams that had signature wins against one of the county central teams. I JOKE!!!!! Before you get really mad, their are good teams down there, my point is you hear about Glasgow and OC the last 2 years going into the state game and nothing shows up. These rankings don't matter! The games head to head come state time do. It gets old listening to how good teams are when you look at their schedules their is really no way to tell because they play cupcakes all year, that doesn't go for all the teams just most.

You got Danville, who Catholic beat 62-42 in the Semi's 2 years ago, yet Catholic is overrated. You also have to remember that Catholic had 5 sophmore linemen starting against Danville that year. These 5 linemen are very good. Just adding food for thought before you guys go and say they are not a good football team. Catholic had 1 bad year in a championship game. I think Highlands had a really bad year against Boyle in 2003 if I'm not mistaken, 55-13 or something. Ouch! The rest of Catholic's championships were deficits of 1997-7pts 2004-7pts, 2005 13pts. and of course 2010-42pts.

You got Danville, who Catholic beat 62-42 in the Semi's 2 years ago, yet Catholic is overrated. You also have to remember that Catholic had 5 sophmore linemen starting against Danville that year. These 5 linemen are very good. Just adding food for thought before you guys go and say they are not a good football team. Catholic had 1 bad year in a championship game. I think Highlands had a really bad year against Boyle in 2003 if I'm not mistaken, 55-13 or something. Ouch! The rest of Catholic's championships were deficits of 1997-7pts 2004-7pts, 2005 13pts. and of course 2010-42pts.

Sorry Rambo but Danville was a BAD football team in 2010. I watch the OC and Danville game from beginning to end. Their D was awful, if I remember correctly the left D end was lining up 3-4 yards off the ball and they were slow which is unusual for a Danville team. Take it however you want, my point is I'm not going to hype a team unless they're darn good. When NCC is down I'm the first to say it and don't get blinded rankings that mean NOTHING! This is year I think NCC is vulnerable, but when I hear about teams with great records that don't play anyone it's entertaining.

Sorry Rambo but Danville was a BAD football team in 2010. I watch the OC and Danville game from beginning to end. Their D was awful, if I remember correctly the left D end was lining up 3-4 yards off the ball and they were slow which is unusual for a Danville team. Take it however you want, my point is I'm not going to hype a team unless they're darn good. When NCC is down I'm the first to say it and don't get blinded rankings that mean NOTHING! This is year I think NCC is vulnerable, but when I hear about teams with great records that don't play anyone it's entertaining.

I agree.

I'll tell you what is entertaining ... it's guys from the central and eastern parts of the state that down teams from the west for "not playing anybody." Owensboro Catholic has beaten an Owensboro team that some think should be ranked in 4A and has beaten two ranked teams, Lafayette and Lone Oak. The Aces are consistently a contender in 2A and don't have to apologize for the schedule, which has all of the bigger schools in town on it. South Spencer appears to down by its standards but has traditionally been a solid program.

We've been hearing this kind of stuff for years, especially after Lone Oak got hammered by Lexington Catholic in the 4A title game in 2007. Each year after that, we kept hearing how the 4A title game was going to be a blowout, but the next few years had close, competitive games. And the west has won its fair share of state titles the last few years.

I'll tell you what is entertaining ... it's guys from the central and eastern parts of the state that down teams from the west for "not playing anybody." Owensboro Catholic has beaten an Owensboro team that some think should be ranked in 4A and has beaten two ranked teams, Lafayette and Lone Oak. The Aces are consistently a contender in 2A and don't have to apologize for the schedule, which has all of the bigger schools in town on it. South Spencer appears to down by its standards but has traditionally been a solid program.

We've been hearing this kind of stuff for years, especially after Lone Oak got hammered by Lexington Catholic in the 4A title game in 2007. Each year after that, we kept hearing how the 4A title game was going to be a blowout, but the next few years had close, competitive games. And the west has won its fair share of state titles the last few years.

No apologies! That's just the way it is, I honestly have not heard of South Spencer so I wouldn't know.