Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/ Elder (OH) Predictions?

Who you got? 88 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
This game is at Highlands, correct? What time and where can one get tickets?

Thanks

 

Principals office during school hours..

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this game be a sellout?

 

Are they taking passes?

 

Not a sell out yet, but one is expected. Yes, passes will be honored.

I'm confused (big shock there, I know!).

 

42 people picked Highlands to win and yet I didn't see one prediction in this thread saying that. Random drive by votes? Is there really anyone that actually thinks Highlands can win this contest? IF so, why?

 

-CardinalsFan

Harris will be running hard and Birds score going over the top. Defense slows down the Panther, no quick scores. Look for close game. Birds 35- Elder 31

Seems as if this game is shaping up to be one of those "if Highlands wins, another great program win" if they lose then "they should to a program like Elder".

 

The bigger question and thought might be, if Highlands pulls the upset, how restless do the Elders get with Ramsey?

Losing two yrs in a row and not making the playoffs could have some in Price Hill a little antsy. Just Sayin................

 

Iam thinking the pressure is on Elder and Ramsey big time in this one and it wouldnt surprise me if Highlands scores early and often in the first half it might just be enough to beat the Panthers.

 

I say Birds 28 Purple Panthers 24

I'm confused (big shock there, I know!).

 

42 people picked Highlands to win and yet I didn't see one prediction in this thread saying that. Random drive by votes? Is there really anyone that actually thinks Highlands can win this contest? IF so, why?

 

-CardinalsFan

 

I picked Highlands because they are the home team. I think it will be very close, but Highlands has been a team that will not show their hand, as far as playcalling goes, until this game. I would say this game is a toss-up, but being at Highlands is the reason I picked them. Highlands has played Elder close a number of times and in one instance, a phantom call made the difference in the game (2000). The ball could bounce the wrong way and that could be the difference in this game.

 

McCoy will have to have success passing, which he had a lot of last year against Elder, for Highlands to be able to consistently move the ball. A well balanced attack is what Highlands has been prepping for all year, and key to winning this game.

 

Highlands needs to have sustained drives to keep the defense off the field. Even though there is a 2-platoon system, players still get tired.

 

I will admit I do not know a whole heck of a lot about Elder this year, but if they are like they traditionally are, they will ground and pound on offense and play very disciplined defense.

 

Look for a close game, and the biggest surprise IMO would be a blow out either way.

I picked Highlands because they are the home team. I think it will be very close, but Highlands has been a team that will not show their hand, as far as playcalling goes, until this game. I would say this game is a toss-up, but being at Highlands is the reason I picked them. Highlands has played Elder close a number of times and in one instance, a phantom call made the difference in the game (2000). The ball could bounce the wrong way and that could be the difference in this game.

 

McCoy will have to have success passing, which he had a lot of last year against Elder, for Highlands to be able to consistently move the ball. A well balanced attack is what Highlands has been prepping for all year, and key to winning this game.

 

Highlands needs to have sustained drives to keep the defense off the field. Even though there is a 2-platoon system, players still get tired.

 

I will admit I do not know a whole heck of a lot about Elder this year, but if they are like they traditionally are, they will ground and pound on offense and play very disciplined defense.

 

Look for a close game, and the biggest surprise IMO would be a blow out either way.

 

As to the bolded, Elder had a very nice short passing game against Trinity when they played this year. Trinity I believe was missing their best corner in that game, but he wasn't going to be able to cover all the receivers that Elder was passing the ball to. Elder's receivers have nice size by the way. LBers are going to have to be concerned about the passing game, which means we are really going to need the D line play a great game defending the run this week. This isn't a week when our LBers can play down hill every play and not have to worry about defending the short pass. Furthermore, if Elder sticks with the short passing game with quick releases by the QB, opportunites to sack the QB will be limited and the DBs have to put an emphasis on quickly getting their hands up to knock down passes.

Correct L-neck. The backup had been playing prior to the suspension. Also, the statement that ten were starters was totally false. I saw elder play Moeller and St. X last year and after hearing news of the suspensions and decimated roster I almost did not go to theElder HHS game. When I did I was surprised to see nearly all of the same players that I had seen in the earlier games. I saw the change in QB that took place the previous week, and I noticed one of the three backs that shared time early did not play. Defensively I noticed a corner missing.

 

I have seen a million excuses for a loss and missing ten starters would be a good one. But I saw what I saw and it simply did not go down that way. Call it whatever you want, it was a loss.

 

 

Good to know that at my advanced age, my memory hasn't failed too much. Now if I could just remember to pull up my zipper before leaving the men's room. :D

Seems as if this game is shaping up to be one of those "if Highlands wins, another great program win" if they lose then "they should to a program like Elder".

 

The bigger question and thought might be, if Highlands pulls the upset, how restless do the Elders get with Ramsey?

Losing two yrs in a row and not making the playoffs could have some in Price Hill a little antsy. Just Sayin................

 

Iam thinking the pressure is on Elder and Ramsey big time in this one and it wouldnt surprise me if Highlands scores early and often in the first half it might just be enough to beat the Panthers.

 

I say Birds 28 Purple Panthers 24

 

There is no way that this Bluebird defense will hold Elder to 24 points. I'd bet the house on that. The Panthers put 26 on Cincy St. X. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the Bluebird D, but they ain't no St. X defense. Look for a high scoring affair friday night with the Bluebirds playing catch up all night. Flawless game to keep this one in check.

There is no way that this Bluebird defense will hold Elder to 24 points. I'd bet the house on that. The Panthers put 26 on Cincy St. X. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the Bluebird D' date=' but they ain't no St. X defense. Look for a high scoring affair friday night with the Bluebirds playing catch up all night. Flawless game to keep this one in check.[/quote']

 

Last week Elder played Winton Woods, the final was 28-14 Elder. I don't know, but I would think with the score that close that Elder played its ones the entire game.I doubt that Highlands would have any trouble defeating Winton Woods. WW held them to 28, I'm sure the Birds can hold them to 24.

Also keep in mind how much they were jacked up to play/best Moeller so don't be fooled by the WW score. That could have been a little let down from a big win...IMHO.

I'm confused (big shock there, I know!).

 

42 people picked Highlands to win and yet I didn't see one prediction in this thread saying that. Random drive by votes? Is there really anyone that actually thinks Highlands can win this contest? IF so, why?

 

-CardinalsFan

 

CF, as a HHS fan, I am very concerned with how they will stop Elder's running game. HHS has not been impressive against the run all year and I imagine Ramsey wants to ram it down their throats. I think HHS will be able to throw it against Elder. HHS will have to score 30+ to win IMO. HHS CAN win but probably will not though. I also thought X would beat HHS soundly a few years ago and I was wrong. I hope I am again.

Ye of little faith. We must believe in our players no matter what. If we all say they'll lose because we're just trying to be humble since everyone thinks HHS fans are arrogant this is not the time. Our boys need us to believe and need positive reinforcement. I believe! Lets go birds!!!!

I read this morning that Elder has a really good back who put up 200 a few weeks ago. I'd expect to see him tote the ball a few times.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.