Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/ Elder (OH) Predictions?

Who you got? 88 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Does this game have any effect on Elder making the Ohio playoffs? Harbins? Just trying to figure out the extra motivation for each. I would say HHS would generally be more motivated because of the David/Goliath thing.

 

It's a really big deal for Elder as they currently sit in 6th in Harbin points in their region. Only the top 8 make it.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And hope the O-line gives Moose enough time to chuck it downfield.
The one on the field or the one carrying the chains? :cool:
My Elder cronies tell me that they are susceptable to the long ball. Hope "Cool Hands" Luke and "Smooth Jazz" Jac bring their "A" game! And hope the O-line gives Moose enough time to chuck it downfield.

 

Will Jack Collingsworth even be back this week. I heard he was in street clothes again last week against Holmes. What gives? I assume that's who "Smooth Jazz" is right?

Elder 37 Highlands 17

 

This sounds about right. Maybe even 42-17 Elder

The one on the field or the one carrying the chains? :cool:

 

Are you talking about Moose Bradford? I think he helps with the balls.

Absolutely not' date=' but they will be in consideration for the rematch. Birds won't see another defense like this the rest of the year.[/quote']

 

They already have seen one better. Trinity

Are you talking about Moose Bradford? I think he helps with the balls.
Yeah, that's who I was talking about. Just a little joke.

I'd love for the Birds to win on Friday but feel that they have too much in front of them with Elder this time around. Regardless of the turnout, I hope everyone stays healthy.

Will Jack Collingsworth even be back this week. I heard he was in street clothes again last week against Holmes. What gives? I assume that's who "Smooth Jazz" is right?

 

Poor kid has maybe played a handful of games in his 3 yr career. Hamstring issues have really hampered his HS career. Hopefully he can be on the field this week along with another stud receiver who burned the Panther's last year for a long TD from the Moose McCoy.

Elder 21 Birds 17

Poor kid has maybe played a handful of games in his 3 yr career. Hamstring issues have really hampered his HS career. Hopefully he can be on the field this week along with another stud receiver who burned the Panther's last year for a long TD from the Moose McCoy.

 

If someone has never experienced chronic hamstring issues, it is tough to explain. I tore mine in college and pulled it a couple more times (proving that you don't have to be fast to pull a muscle). I spoke w/ Jac about this a couple of times when I've seen him at Wiefit. You lose all confidence in your ability to open it up and sprint b/c you never know when you'll feel "that" feeling of seizing and yanking. It's a very sick feeling. I hope that he can get it under wraps so that he can enjoy the rest of his senior year.

Pretty much no discussion on that Ohio board about this game. The thread is title "Do it for Ohio" LOL

Pretty much no discussion on that Ohio board about this game. The thread is title "Do it for Ohio" LOL

 

Same in KY. This game won't garner near the interest as the probable rematch with CCH simply b/c there is much more on the line in that game. Highlands defeats Elder, ok. Highlands loses to Elder, that's ok too.:p

An Elder alum and I were having a conversation this morning about last year -vs- this years game. Last year Elder obviously was having a tough year and then had a bunch of players suspended right before they played Highlands. This year, Elder is much better and playing some good football. The question we debated was how proud or good should Highlands feel about beating an obviously handicapped Elder team last year? Should they beat Elder this year, will the victory mean more because Elder is at full strength and playing well?

An Elder alum and I were having a conversation this morning about last year -vs- this years game. Last year Elder obviously was having a tough year and then had a bunch of players suspended right before they played Highlands. This year, Elder is much better and playing some good football. The question we debated was how proud or good should Highlands feel about beating an obviously handicapped Elder team last year? Should they beat Elder this year, will the victory mean more because Elder is at full strength and playing well?

 

Gee, playin' without your D1 qb was no sweat for the Birds. Both were handicapped last year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.