Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Covington Catholic 21

Featured Replies

Rough night for the CCH D. First really good offense they've faced. 277 yards on the ground for HHS.

 

Bir 12/19 129 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT. Luke Bir ran for 80+ yards.

Luke Bir could have had more. Why he got the ball so little is beyond me.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luke But could have had more. Why he got the ball so little is beyond me.

 

You need to get your auto-correct working. That's twice Bir has been "But."

Huh? If they eliminate penalties & muff punts then...If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Highlands ran over & around them. Ask your nephew.

 

Two pretty competitive teams, if CovCath eliminates the penalties and doesn't muff punts the game would have been really close. I expect the annual rematch in the playoffs to be a barn burner. Great game with two great teams.

 

On a side note my nephew who is a Bird played a great game tonight I was super pumped for him.

HHS scored on 5 straight possessions in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

 

How do you figure that Clyde?

 

1st CovCath 7-0

2nd HHS 7-6

2nd HHS 14-7

2nd CovCath 14-14

2nd HHS 21-14

3rd HHS 28-14

3rd CovCath 27-21

3rd HHS 34 -21

How do you figure that Clyde?

 

1st CovCath 7-0

2nd HHS 7-6

2nd HHS 14-7

2nd CovCath 14-14

2nd HHS 21-14

3rd HHS 28-14

3rd CovCath 27-21

3rd HHS 34 -21

 

HHS had the ball 5 times in a row in those two quarters and scored a TD on each possession. Scored 35 points in two quarters. Am I forgetting a punt?

HHS had the ball 5 times in a row in those two quarters and scored a TD on each possession. Scored 35 points in two quarters.

 

Sorry misread! I thought you meant scored five straight times without CovCath scoring! Again sorry.....

Special teams were rough for the Colonels tonight. When Cov. Cath. last beat the Birds, they had a D-I field goal kicker and a D-1 punter. The Colonels kickoff cover team was gashed repeatedly tonight. Cov. Cath's kickoff and punt return teams had multiple fumbles. Turnovers, penalties at critical times. You can't spot a team as great as Highlands so many advantages.

 

Very classy of Dale to have McCoy take a knee at the end of the game.

 

Highlands hosts a great event. All in all, (the score notwithstanding) it was a great evening. Hard to squeeze more entertainment out of $6.00 than what the fans got tonight in Ft. Thomas. :thumb:

Alright' date=' have to mention Harris's run tonight......YouTube worthy And How 'bout McCoy shouldering a half dozen Colonels on several different plays. Hats off to these young men and the Bluebird D........Jac Collinsworth made two outstanding catches as well.:thumb:[/quote']

 

I saw that Harris run on one of the news channels. Harris ran right through Way, one of CCH'S Best defensive players.

Nothing but respect for Colonels. Bir was listed in program as only 6'0" but he sure plays like 6'4". McCoy was what he needed to be, a leader and to put team on his back. Showed great poise under pressure. How about Zack Harris? The last guy I remember wearing number 45 and looking that good doing it for the birds was this kid named Marty Moore. I think he was pretty good, right? I just said it. Harris reminds me of Marty in how he is fearless and pounds the ball. Similar to Corey Scarlato when I played.

Would like an update on the young Colonel that seemed to have a neck injury. I do believe his number is 31. Prayers sent

IMO one of the best things that could've happened for CCH last night was the interception at the beginning of the game and subsequent score. Dale puckered up after that one and the Birds fought to get and stay ahead the rest of the night. Take that away and I think we would've seen alot more passes and the Birds would've gashed the Colonels for even bigger rushing yards. McCoy came in with so much confidence after last week's performance but when the INT occurred, it really affected the tone the rest of the game.....play of the game, IMO.

Special teams were rough for the Colonels tonight. When Cov. Cath. last beat the Birds, they had a D-I field goal kicker and a D-1 punter. The Colonels kickoff cover team was gashed repeatedly tonight. Cov. Cath's kickoff and punt return teams had multiple fumbles. Turnovers, penalties at critical times. You can't spot a team as great as Highlands so many advantages.

 

Very classy of Dale to have McCoy take a knee at the end of the game.

 

Highlands hosts a great event. All in all, (the score notwithstanding) it was a great evening. Hard to squeeze more entertainment out of $6.00 than what the fans got tonight in Ft. Thomas. :thumb:

 

I think the knee was representative of an adult being an example to our youth. That it's ultimately just a game played by kids..that maybe we've taken the rivalry past healthy. Dale brought it back to earth. Good heated competition is one thing, but showing humility and respect for your opponent is priceless. We may not have scored another touchdown, but hopefully we sent a message to the students that they'll take into adulthood.

IMO one of the best things that could've happened for CCH last night was the interception at the beginning of the game and subsequent score. Dale puckered up after that one and the Birds fought to get and stay ahead the rest of the night. Take that away and I think we would've seen alot more passes and the Birds would've gashed the Colonels for even bigger rushing yards. McCoy came in with so much confidence after last week's performance but when the INT occurred' date=' it really affected the tone the rest of the game.....play of the game, IMO.[/quote']

 

Just a smart coach going with what works basically. You go with your bread and butter and you run it down their throats if you see that you can get a surge at the line. Mixing McCoy's zigzag ability with Harris' power and Seidle's hole popping speed was huge. They did a great job of mixing the running plays up.

 

They threw when they had to throw and they actually had nice success after the 1st qtr INT. Soph Weyer had a nice grab across the middle, Luke Turner made 2 huge grabs for 3rd down conversions and Collinsworth obviously got one that counted for 6.

 

Lets not forget that Highlands wheels 4 new bodies in every other play, that has to wear on another team.

I think the knee was representative of an adult being an example to our youth. That it's ultimately just a game played by kids..that maybe we've taken the rivalry past healthy. Dale brought it back to earth. Good heated competition is one thing' date=' but showing humility and respect for your opponent is priceless. We may not have scored another touchdown, but hopefully we sent a message to the students that they'll take into adulthood.[/quote']

 

Not sure why some people were surprised at taking a knee, I remember HHS doing it at the end of the Boyle Co game last year. Good hard rivalry with a lot of respect for each other.

A lot of talk about what if, would have. I saw the best team win. I felt Highlands dominated in the running game and go into the second game with the full passing package still in their back pocket. I said in previous thread that I expected to see a balanced attack, but with the success in the run game it was not necessary. Huge edge for H in the rematch as CC has to figure out a way to stop the run and H can come back with the passing attack That should get even better with the return of Christian between now and then.

Defensively H did things to CC that no one else has done. CC scored on short field after int, on a fourth down play. Scored on a penalty aided drive where they were stopped 3rd and long. And lastly scored on a flea flicker (I love that play) I think H handled them up front and pressured Bir at will, and clearly confused CC to the point that they forced two delay calls early as Bir checked off looked up and found the defense changed and tried to check again.

 

Remember Guru's question after CC played LeSalle? Who would win if they played ten times? From what I saw I give H 9 of 10.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.