Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 35 Covington Catholic 21

Featured Replies

He punted.

 

Sorry. I heard a fan ask that same question last night and another say that he was hurt. I don't follow CC so I had no clue.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry. I heard a fan ask that same question last night and another say that he was hurt. I don't follow CC so I had no clue.

 

I asked around. Sounds like he is still hurt. Too bad. Heckuva athlete but he as been limited by injury for most of the season.

OT?

No OT, just a lot of offense today. Came down to the wire with CCH driving but turned over on downs with about 22 secs left in game. Drew Houliston was back at QB for the Birds this week after 3 weeks off. Nice to have #10 back out on the field.

No OT, just a lot of offense today. Came down to the wire with CCH driving but turned over on downs with about 22 secs left in game. Drew Houliston was back at QB for the Birds this week after 3 weeks off. Nice to have #10 back out on the field.

 

Is Drew Houliston the player who came in at qb (on Friday night) for the play, after McCoy's helmet came off?

Is Drew Houliston the player who came in at qb for the play, after McCoy's helmet came off?

Yes

No OT, just a lot of offense today. Came down to the wire with CCH driving but turned over on downs with about 22 secs left in game. Drew Houliston was back at QB for the Birds this week after 3 weeks off. Nice to have #10 back out on the field.

 

...edit

No OT, just a lot of offense today. Came down to the wire with CCH driving but turned over on downs with about 22 secs left in game. Drew Houliston was back at QB for the Birds this week after 3 weeks off. Nice to have #10 back out on the field.

 

Correct in that there was no OT but more so there was no defense by either team more than a lot of offense by both teams!

 

Game thread

There are a lot of people on here assuming a rematch in November. Unless I am missing something, there is a school in Lexington that may have something to say about that.

 

Highlands and Cov-Cath will play again before they will see Lex-Cath.

Would like an update on the young Colonel that seemed to have a neck injury. I do believe his number is 31. Prayers sent

 

They walked him right past us. The 1000 yard stare on his face said "concussion".

Huh? If they eliminate penalties & muff punts then...If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Highlands ran over & around them. Ask your nephew.

 

I love when people look for something to argue about. The game was already pretty close. If CovCath doesn't have a bunch of penalties and more importantly a muffed punt deep in their territory the game would have been really close. Two very good teams and the better team won last night. Shew.

Indeed one sided. I think that was my point. This game was pretty one sided in reality. A lot of talk about what could have been. H was three touchdowns better.

 

I know what your point was it makes zero sense. Both teams made mistakes that could have changed the outcome of the game. Your talking about CCH getting short fields for their scores. You mean to tell me CCH's muffed punt return, shanked punts, other mistakes didn't attribute to some of Highlands success?

 

You are literally the only one on here saying this was a one-sided game.

I asked around. Sounds like he is still hurt. Too bad. Heckuva athlete but he as been limited by injury for most of the season.

 

They'll need him in the next game. He adds such a dimension.

I know what your point was it makes zero sense. Both teams made mistakes that could have changed the outcome of the game. Your talking about CCH getting short fields for their scores. You mean to tell me CCH's muffed punt return, shanked punts, other mistakes didn't attribute to some of Highlands success?

 

You are literally the only one on here saying this was a one-sided game.

 

 

Read all the posts prior to mine. They are all about the would have, should have from CC. My point is, and I pointed out a few examples to illustrate, that these things happened on both sides of the ball. All of those things did happen on both sides of the ball, good and bad for both teams. Highlands was three touchdowns better than CovCath last night. I felt throughout the entirety of the game that Highlands was the better team and would prevail by a comfortable margin.

I now have the benefit of having seen the tape of the game. The tape validates my point. Perhaps you could ask Coach Wirth. His take on the game is a little more one sided than mine.

Bir now has 70 career TD passes.

 

He might put up 20 in the next 4 games.

I now have the benefit of having seen the tape of the game. The tape validates my point. Perhaps you could ask Coach Wirth. His take on the game is a little more one sided than mine.

 

 

I have had the benefit of seeing the tape as well. "Perhaps" I did ask a coach.These are two closely matched teams and you are still the only one who insists these teams aren't close to each other.

 

It does not matter what you or I think, HHS won a good game. Round #2 should be no different.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.