Mayfield 42 Paducah Tilghman 21

MHSCardinal

Barring the unthinkable, we should be the team to beat.

Guhy has really turned the corner, he throws with much more velocity and he makes fewer mistakes.

The pass defense could be better and I think it will but the PT QB had a strong arm and pretty good receivers.

In class 1A, I think it will take a throwing team or we just lay an egg to beat us.Time wil tell

Sounds like they put on a show for the Beechwood coaches.

I'm thinking the Beechwood coaches may want to take a drive down I-75/64 to check out Frankfort before they continue the tailgate parties with the Cardinals.

Too funny but true on both counts.

Mistakes cost the Cards to scores that could have put this one out of reach much earlier

Well, I have to give props first to a fellow mayfield poster on this site, you kno who you are, this Cardinal team seems to be as good as you said! I had my doubts, but now I'm a believer! MHS had this game under control after PT scored their first TD. This game easily could have been a 56 to 7 game. Impressive win, Offense is Rollin and defense is improving. Still. need alot of improvement in secondary, but they didn't do too bad against a very speedy Group of PT receivers and PT QB that was very accurate and a very strong arm. Good job Cards!

Well, I have to give props first to a fellow mayfield poster on this site, you kno who you are, this Cardinal team seems to be as good as you said! I had my doubts, but now I'm a believer! MHS had this game under control after PT scored their first TD. This game easily could have been a 56 to 7 game. Impressive win, Offense is Rollin and defense is improving. Still. need alot of improvement in secondary, but they didn't do too bad against a very speedy Group of PT receivers and PT QB that was very accurate and a very strong arm. Good job Cards!

Not just 56, but Mayfield had a legitimate shot of hanging 63 on PT. 3 times in the PT red zone and didn't get points, of course the final time they only needed to take a knee.

How do you not know as a coach that the when the ball is marked ready for play after a first down that the clock starts again. 2.3 seconds in the 2nd quarter and PT trots their FG unit on to the field. Never got close to getting a snap off. Embarrassing, even the casual fan knows that.