Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

I'll go even further. If CovCath was #1 and had played Highlands 2012 schedule and had the same results and Highlands was #2 with CovCath's 2012 schedule and CovCath had a bye and Highlands was playing LaSalle and defeated them by 1 point on a last second field goal Highlands would be #1 in the rankings next week.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: HHS has a bye and CCH plays at LaSalle. If CCH beats LaSalle do they take over the top spot?

 

Highlands has earned the top spot. They will hold it until they are defeated.

I'll go even further. If CovCath was #1 and had played Highlands 2012 schedule and had the same results and Highlands was #2 with CovCath's 2012 schedule and CovCath had a bye and Highlands was playing LaSalle and defeated them by 1 point on a last second field goal Highlands would be #1 in the rankings next week.

 

I guess it all depends. Is CCH 75-2 over the last 5 years and 5 time defending state champion in umpteen divisions going into this game? My statement is about as ridiculous as your statement above that HHS would move into the #1 spot because it's HHS. Sorry, but no HHS wouldn't deserve to move up because CCH didn't do anything to warrant them move out of the top spot. Wow! You do realize this all hypothetical right? Right? I hope so anyway. LOL!

I'd put Boyle right behind LexCath. I wouldn't have moved LexCath at all.

 

I agree. Until Boyle can beat Lex Cath, the Knights should be ranked ahead of the Rebels.

I guess it all depends. Is CCH 75-2 over the last 5 years and 5 time defending state champion in umpteen divisions going into this game? My statement is about as ridiculous as your statement above that HHS would move into the #1 spot because it's HHS. Sorry, but no HHS wouldn't deserve to move up because CCH didn't do anything to warrant them move out of the top spot. Wow! You do realize this all hypothetical right? Right? I hope so anyway. LOL!

 

I think Purple is using the logic that some chose for moving Lex Cath behind Boyle as fodder for his argument against that switch in the polls.

 

That's why he's arguing a switch in Cov Cath v Highlands spots.

 

If I'm wrong, I'm certain that Purple will tell me.

If LexCath is punished for losing to one of the top teams in the nation then CovCath should be rewarded for beating a quality team while Highlands doesn't play.

 

Is LaSalle a quality team this year? Not what I'm hearing from my Ohio connections.

I think Purple is using the logic that some chose for moving Lex Cath behind Boyle as fodder for his argument against that switch in the polls.

 

That's why he's arguing a switch in Cov Cath v Highlands spots.

 

If I'm wrong, I'm certain that Purple will tell me.

 

Nope. You got it. What's good for one should be good for both.

Is LaSalle a quality team this year? Not what I'm hearing from my Ohio connections.

 

I'm not sure. I admittedly am clueless when it comes to how good the Ohio schools are. I know of the big name schools there but I use the judgment on BGP when determining how good they are.

I'm not sure. I admittedly am clueless when it comes to how good the Ohio schools are. I know of the big name schools there but I use the judgment on BGP when determining how good they are.

 

They got beat by Lakota West this past week. If you believe what is said on Yappi and what my Buckeye buddies tell me, that should never happen. Lakota West is not considered as a powerhouse Cincinnati program. La Salle is starting 2 or 3 freshman on the varsity team; one of which may be the QB. The frosh QB played in the Lakota West game and actually had a pretty good night. Still, starting that many frosh is not a good sign for a GCL South team. Defense played very poorly against Lakota West I was told. One friend who is pretty close to the LaSalle program is predicting a very, very long season. He's hoping that by the end of the year, as the frosh and other young players get experience, the team may end up not being too bad. But he's expecting rough times before then.

Disagree with Cov Cath at #2. They have beaten (soundly I know) 2 of the worst teams in a 100 mile radius in Campbell Co and Dixie. Boyle/ Lex Cath should be #2/3 with Cov Cath at 4.

 

So what did you see in Lex Cath's 50+ point loss that made you feel that they were better than CovCath? I'm not saying that the same thing would have happened or not to CovCath, but how can that argument be made this week?

Is LaSalle a quality team this year? Not what I'm hearing from my Ohio connections.

 

They are down to QB #3. Still have a solid Dline like they always seem to do.

They got beat by Lakota West this past week. If you believe what is said on Yappi and what my Buckeye buddies tell me, that should never happen. Lakota West is not considered as a powerhouse Cincinnati program. La Salle is starting 2 or 3 freshman on the varsity team; one of which may be the QB. The frosh QB played in the Lakota West game and actually had a pretty good night. Still, starting that many frosh is not a good sign for a GCL South team. Defense played very poorly against Lakota West I was told. One friend who is pretty close to the LaSalle program is predicting a very, very long season. He's hoping that by the end of the year, as the frosh and other young players get experience, the team may end up not being too bad. But he's expecting rough times before then.

 

That's the one thing La Salle can do. They can go through these rebuilding years, because one year as the #1 or #2 team in the GCL South is like a 4 year run for St. X. They seem to have those years where they ride a talented senior class.

If CovCath keeps LaSalle from scoring they should be number 1.

That's the one thing La Salle can do. They can go through these rebuilding years, because one year as the #1 or #2 team in the GCL South is like a 4 year run for St. X. They seem to have those years where they ride a talented senior class.

 

Bingo. Unlike X, Moeller, Colerain, Elder, etc., LaSalle doesn't just re-load; they have to re-build. Looks like Grippa has a talented frosh class and is going to ride it and endure the bumpy ride this year, in order to have a very, very good team in several years.

Is LaSalle a quality team this year? Not what I'm hearing from my Ohio connections.

 

I'll bet they'd win NKY 6A. Not that that makes them a quality team, especially for an Ohio school. Whenever you can get a win against a GCL South opponent it's a huge win regardless. JMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.