• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got beat by Lakota West this past week. If you believe what is said on Yappi and what my Buckeye buddies tell me, that should never happen. Lakota West is not considered as a powerhouse Cincinnati program. La Salle is starting 2 or 3 freshman on the varsity team; one of which may be the QB. The frosh QB played in the Lakota West game and actually had a pretty good night. Still, starting that many frosh is not a good sign for a GCL South team. Defense played very poorly against Lakota West I was told. One friend who is pretty close to the LaSalle program is predicting a very, very long season. He's hoping that by the end of the year, as the frosh and other young players get experience, the team may end up not being too bad. But he's expecting rough times before then.

Based on this info should CovCath be the favorite? I need to visit the CovCath/LaSalle thread.

Based on this info should CovCath be the favorite? I need to visit the CovCath/LaSalle thread.

Don't know. I haven't seen LaSalle play this year so I have no idea who will be the favorite. All I know is what I've been told/read about LaSalle and CovCath. LaSalle is supposedly way down from last year and CovCath is supposedly better than last year. Whether that movement is enough to make CovCath the favorite, I don't know.

Don't know. I haven't seen LaSalle play this year so I have no idea who will be the favorite. All I know is what I've been told/read about LaSalle and CovCath. LaSalle is supposedly way down from last year and CovCath is supposedly better than last year. Whether that movement is enough to make CovCath the favorite, I don't know.

Gotcha.

Kentucky Class 4A Football Rankings for 8-28

Class 4A

1. Highlands -- OPEN

L 11-27 2. Covington Catholic at LaSalle (OH)

L 21-28 3. Boyle County vs. 2A #6 Danville

W 42-7 4. Lexington Catholic vs. 6A #9 Lafayette

L 29-39 5. Johnson Central vs. 4A Knox Central (at Clay County)

W 21-14 6. Ashland at George Washington (WV)

W 28-14 7. Collins vs. 6A Oldham County

W 52-7 8. Lone Oak at 6A Marshall County

W 62-13 9. Russell County vs. 5A South Laurel

L 0-28 10. Western vs. 6A #4 Male

Put Collins at 10, Johnson Central at 9, Knox Central at 8, Boyle County at 7, Russell County at 6, Lone Oak at 5, Ashland at 4, CovCath at 3, LexCath at 2 and Highlands at 1.
Both Lex Cath and Cov Cath losses have come to out of state teams. Lex Cath didn't have a chance against Ensworth, TN but from what I had been reading I thought Cov Cath would have been better than LaSalle, OH. So, I think it would be correct in moving Lex Cath to #2. We will see in the coming weeks though. Both have some pretty good competition ahead of them.

Put Collins at 10, Johnson Central at 9, Knox Central at 8, Boyle County at 7, Russell County at 6, Lone Oak at 5, Ashland at 4, CovCath at 3, LexCath at 2 and Highlands at 1.

Pretty much agree. I also feel that Mercer County is not that far from breaking into the top 10, if not ahead of Collins already.