Prayer Request

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I'd like to ask for prayers for my grandpa, Paul Joseph Talbert, as he goes through what are likely to be the final hours of his life.

Currently at 90 years old, he was placed into a nursing home about a month ago due to a severe decline in health over the last 6 months, and has continued to decline somewhat rapidly. We received word today from the hospice service at the nursing home that over the last few hours his hands, arms, legs, and feet have begun mottling, which is a sign that his heart is no longer able to circulate blood as needed. It is usually something that occurs anywhere from 2 days to hours before death.

I'd ask for your prayers that he has as peaceful and painless a death as possible, and for the repose of his soul in heaven.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers given that he passes peacefully and painlessly. Prayers also given that you and his other loved ones can find comfort in the fact that he lived such a long life and will soon be in Heaven. Don't dwell on the loss; dwell on all the good times you had with him. Keep those memories in your heart and he will always be with you.

I'd like to ask for prayers for my grandpa, Paul Joseph Talbert, as he goes through what are likely to be the final hours of his life.

Currently at 90 years old, he was placed into a nursing home about a month ago due to a severe decline in health over the last 6 months, and has continued to decline somewhat rapidly. We received word today from the hospice service at the nursing home that over the last few hours his hands, arms, legs, and feet have begun mottling, which is a sign that his heart is no longer able to circulate blood as needed. It is usually something that occurs anywhere from 2 days to hours before death.

I'd ask for your prayers that he has as peaceful and painless a death as possible, and for the repose of his soul in heaven.

Dad started this on a Sunday and died on a Wednesday. Prayers and angels are with you all.