August 14, 201214 yr Oh I thought it did. My buddy who was telling me about it yesterday said that it involved multiple football and basketball players. Including basketball players on the Championship. He's not the most reliable source though haha! I hope so. I haven't seen anything involving current or recently former basketball players. I am not ashamed to admit the joy I would feel to see a Tar Heel blue banner come down from the rafters. :lol:
August 14, 201214 yr Seems to mainly be football players, but some basketball players as well. You've also got to remember there are a LOT more football players on campus than basketball players. Academic scandal embroils North Carolina Tar Heels but NCAA stays quiet - ESPN Meanwhile, basketball coach Roy Williams can't shake media questions about his teams' involvement in the questionable AFAM courses. Although the majority of the athletes in the suspect sessions were football players, 3 percent were men's basketball players. Predating the four years covered in the internal investigation, seven of the players on UNC's 2005 national title team graduated with a degree in AFAM, the Indianapolis Star reported in 2010. (That includes forward Sean May, who told the newspaper in that same article that after double-majoring in communications and AFAM, he dropped the communications part of his degree after going pro early because it would be easier to graduate sooner.) The number of AFAM majors on Williams' teams has decreased significantly since his first title. But the suspicions, especially among rival fans, still cling. "I'm telling you, it is not an issue for basketball. It is a university issue; it is an academic issue,'' Williams told ESPN.com recently when asked about the scandal again. "Nobody has come to me and said, 'We have problems with basketball.' In my opinion, we don't, and I'm not going to use my time trying to find something that's probably not there." So according to Roy, nobody has found anything, and he's sure not going to look himself.
August 14, 201214 yr Seems to mainly be football players, but some basketball players as well. You've also got to remember there are a LOT more football players on campus than basketball players. Academic scandal embroils North Carolina Tar Heels but NCAA stays quiet - ESPN So according to Roy, nobody has found anything, and he's sure not going to look himself. Nope. Because he doesn't want to know what he may find out if he does look. Plausible deniability.
August 14, 201214 yr Nope. Because he doesn't want to know what he may find out if he does look. Plausible deniability. After PSU had their own investigation done that they paid for and the NCAA came down on them like they did why would any school not make the NCAA find out for themselves any current or future issues? The NCAA investigated this for two years and they didn't find nearly the information that one newspaper person and one fan of NC St found. Why would UNC investigate at all? I wouldn't if I were them unless I was told to.
August 14, 201214 yr Why the hell else would anyone want to go to Waco, TX? I got another reason. Maybe the athletes don't want to pay state taxes on their improper benefits.
August 14, 201214 yr I got another reason. Maybe the athletes don't want to pay state taxes on their improper benefits. You know people that pay taxes on 50K bags of cash under the table??? :lol:
August 14, 201214 yr You know people that pay taxes on 50K bags of cash under the table??? :lol: If their honest they would. By the way, here is Gregg Doyle's take on the UNC situation. North Carolina cheated and prospered, now it's time for reckoning - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and BCS Rankings
August 15, 201214 yr If their honest they would. If they're honest, they wouldn't be taking a 50K bag of cash...
August 15, 201214 yr If they're honest, they wouldn't be taking a 50K bag of cash... If they are only giving $50k down in Waco, it's no wonder they couldn't get Anthony Davis.
August 15, 201214 yr If they are only giving $50k down in Waco, it's no wonder they couldn't get Anthony Davis. 50K seems to be the going rate for cash drops these days. 100K+ for anonymous booster donations to tax exempt AAU programs. Prepaid credit cards with free refills is the new kid in town...
August 15, 201214 yr 50K seems to be the going rate for cash drops these days. 100K+ for anonymous booster donations to tax exempt AAU programs. Prepaid credit cards with free refills is the new kid in town... I hear those prepaid credit cards get kids through the school year also. Especially down in the Memphis area in the 2000s.:sssh:
August 15, 201214 yr I'm glad Shabazz went to UCLA because Cal would be getting unfairly hammered right now.
August 15, 201214 yr This thread is tiresome and doesn't do anything to change people's minds....it really only re-affirms their thoughts....
August 15, 201214 yr Borrowed from the NC State board... "When someone finally reads this to Peppers, he's going to be angry."
August 15, 201214 yr Borrowed from the NC State board... "When someone finally reads this to Peppers, he's going to be angry." Ouch! :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.