August 12, 201214 yr Then why is he quoting me in his posts? Why is he personally attacking me? Explain that one. I didn't realize he attacked you personally so I can't explain it. I took it that he was referring to the national media since the poll in question was conducted by a national media outlet.
August 12, 201214 yr Absolutely. And people believe that Coach K knew all about Piggie but also believe Cal knew nothing about Camby and Rose. And if that's laughable, so is the opposite, which is the group the vast majority falls into. Okay. Here is the sequence to which I was referring. I don't see a personal attack of any kind and at that point in time mobaar had a legitimate point.
August 12, 201214 yr Here is the sequence to which I was referring. I don't see a personal attack of any kind and at that point in time mobaar had a legitimate point. Post #46 is what I am referring to and at that point in time nobody disagreed with his or your point which was that everybody cheats.
August 12, 201214 yr Absolutely. And people believe that Coach K knew all about Piggie but also believe Cal knew nothing about Camby and Rose. And if that's laughable, so is the opposite, which is the group the vast majority falls into. I think Mobaar makes a legitimate point. What is it? I'm lost. I know you're slow, but its not that difficult. Most people love to claim the Cal knew all about (or even orchestrated) the Rose situation, but nobody seems to pin any blame on Coach K for Maggette. People also love to ignore Roy's NCAA troubles at Kansas, or Darrell Arthur's grade controversy, or even Calhoun who actually HAS been cited by the NCAA. Its laughable. As the kids say... haters gon hate. Lets keep this all together shall we? PP... YOU said you were lost. Your first was a shot at those who think Coach K was/is guilt, but don't think the same about Cal. I simply pointed out that if those people are dumb, then so is anyone who thinks Cal is guilty but not Coach K. You didn't seem to follow that logic (by your own admission).
August 12, 201214 yr Lets keep this all together shall we? PP... YOU said you were lost. Your first was a shot at those who think Coach K was/is guilt, but don't think the same about Cal. I simply pointed out that if those people are dumb, then so is anyone who thinks Cal is guilty but not Coach K. You didn't seem to follow that logic (by your own admission). If you read the posts you'll see everyone thinks they are both guilty.
August 13, 201214 yr If you read the posts you'll see everyone thinks they are both guilty. The few people in this thread perhaps. As MC noted, I was originally referring to the general public/media. In this little pole, Cal blows away Calhoun who is a known and convicted cheater. And Cal certainly has some questionable incidents in his past, but so do the golden boys of Roy and Coach K. Yet those two are constantly held up as bastions of integrity. And as soon as any UK fan complains about it, the haters jump in (not necessarily in this thread) with the "the media/coaches/ncaa/etc/etc isn't biased... quit being stupid/paranoid" stuff. Well there's obviously a bias somewhere if everyone agrees that "they all" cheat, and yet Coach Cal is the only one who is constantly hounded about it while everyone else gets a pass (even after they've been caught and sanctioned).
August 13, 201214 yr The few people in this thread perhaps. As MC noted, I was originally referring to the general public/media. In this little pole, Cal blows away Calhoun who is a known and convicted cheater. And Cal certainly has some questionable incidents in his past, but so do the golden boys of Roy and Coach K. Yet those two are constantly held up as bastions of integrity. And as soon as any UK fan complains about it, the haters jump in (not necessarily in this thread) with the "the media/coaches/ncaa/etc/etc isn't biased... quit being stupid/paranoid" stuff. Well there's obviously a bias somewhere if everyone agrees that "they all" cheat, and yet Coach Cal is the only one who is constantly hounded about it while everyone else gets a pass (even after they've been caught and sanctioned). Coach K had Piggie. No sanctions. Roy was caught cheating? No sanctions. Self had Darrell Arthur? No sanctions. Lavin is believed to be a cheater. No sanctions. Scott Drew is believed to be a cheater. No sanctions. #2 on the list. Coach Calhoun just got caught. What was he #3? Coach Cal had not one but two Final Fours stripped because of the use of illegal players which he may or may not have known about but regardless it was under his watch. There's the Eric Bledsoe academic situation. The Kanter situation. The Anthony Davis 200K situation. Noel was just ruled eligible. World Wide Wes. I'd love to post secondhand info I have from the Washington family(yes, the Darius Washington who missed the free throws in the CUSA tourney). I'll be the first to admit that most of that is happenstance but if all these things take place, whether Cal is guilty or not and you can't understand why the perception of him is as the #1 cheater as voted on by his peers and media then I'm not the one who is slow.
August 13, 201214 yr The few people in this thread perhaps. As MC noted, I was originally referring to the general public/media. In this little pole, Cal blows away Calhoun who is a known and convicted cheater. And Cal certainly has some questionable incidents in his past, but so do the golden boys of Roy and Coach K. Yet those two are constantly held up as bastions of integrity. And as soon as any UK fan complains about it, the haters jump in (not necessarily in this thread) with the "the media/coaches/ncaa/etc/etc isn't biased... quit being stupid/paranoid" stuff. Well there's obviously a bias somewhere if everyone agrees that "they all" cheat, and yet Coach Cal is the only one who is constantly hounded about it while everyone else gets a pass (even after they've been caught and sanctioned). Here is the main difference. Guys like K, Roy and Calhoun had their issues while already at the top of the ladder. The resentment against Cal in the coaching profession is that he used it to climb. That is the significant difference in a poll of this nature...
August 13, 201214 yr Here is the main difference. Guys like K, Roy and Calhoun had their issues while already at the top of the ladder. The resentment against Cal in the coaching profession is that he used it to climb. That is the significant difference in a poll of this nature... I have no doubt that this is true, but from my vantage point, cheating is cheating regardless of when it happens. Since I believe there is some level of impropriety going on basically everywhere, the cheating stuff doesn't really bother me. Heck, the UCLA basketball program had all kinds of crap going on when John Wooden was around, and yet he's held up as one of the coaching icons.
August 13, 201214 yr I have no doubt that this is true, but from my vantage point, cheating is cheating regardless of when it happens. Since I believe there is some level of impropriety going on basically everywhere, the cheating stuff doesn't really bother me. Heck, the UCLA basketball program had all kinds of crap going on when John Wooden was around, and yet he's held up as one of the coaching icons. Excellent point.
August 13, 201214 yr Coach K had Piggie. No sanctions. Roy was caught cheating? No sanctions. Self had Darrell Arthur? No sanctions. Lavin is believed to be a cheater. No sanctions. Scott Drew is believed to be a cheater. No sanctions. #2 on the list. Coach Calhoun just got caught. What was he #3? Coach Cal had not one but two Final Fours stripped because of the use of illegal players which he may or may not have known about but regardless it was under his watch. There's the Eric Bledsoe academic situation. The Kanter situation. The Anthony Davis 200K situation. Noel was just ruled eligible. World Wide Wes. I'd love to post secondhand info I have from the Washington family(yes, the Darius Washington who missed the free throws in the CUSA tourney). I'll be the first to admit that most of that is happenstance but if all these things take place, whether Cal is guilty or not and you can't understand why the perception of him is as the #1 cheater as voted on by his peers and media then I'm not the one who is slow. K and Self had Piggie/Arthur which are baffling as to why the NCAA didn't do anything. I believe Kansas had sanctions under Roy (but he wasn't implicated directly, just like Cal). Drew and Lavin I don't care about, because "believed to be" doesn't do anything for me. Calhoun is the one that drives me nuts. He was 4th on the list with 7% and he was actually caught cheating and on top of it, UConn is banned from the tournament because they can't meet the APR. Cal and Drew got 36% and 34%. That's a HUGE gap to anyone else. And as for your list of Cal "issues".... Camby/Rose - sure, those are the obvious ones everybody points to. Again, Cal was never sanctioned by the NCAA. Bledsoe - maybe shady, but happened before he arrived at UK (and while other coaches were recruiting him) Kanter - are you kidding? What was shady here? He was paid because he grew up in the Euro system. There's no AAU in Turkey. UK took a chance and the NCAA didn't buy it. Let's not forget Kanter was committed to UW while Emmert was the president. Fast forward to Emmert being at the NCAA and he says "everyone knew" Kanter would never be eligible. If you're trying to classify this as Cal doing something shady, you're an idiot, or just a Cal hater throwing crap against a wall. Anthony Davis - Speaking of more crap thrown against a wall... did anything come of this accusation? No? Exactly. Noel - He was just ruled eligible because he just finished his summer school classes. Again... if you think this is proof of Cal cheating, you're biased, stupid, or both. In your case, I know you're not stupid, so if you REALLY think Noel points to Cal being a cheater, I'll just stop reading your posts.
August 13, 201214 yr Here is the main difference. Guys like K, Roy and Calhoun had their issues while already at the top of the ladder. The resentment against Cal in the coaching profession is that he used it to climb. That is the significant difference in a poll of this nature... Interesting insight. Would you say Cal isn't doing anything that other top coaches aren't, but he's disliked because of how well he works the system?
August 13, 201214 yr Here is the main difference. Guys like K, Roy and Calhoun had their issues while already at the top of the ladder. The resentment against Cal in the coaching profession is that he used it to climb. That is the significant difference in a poll of this nature... Doesn't mean that they weren't cheating when climbing that ladder. Could just mean they were better at keeping it under the rug. At the end of the day, they all cheat. Doesn't surprise me at all that Cal was ranked #1. This poll means nothing, so who cares. I've said all along the the only way Cal gets in trouble is if its from something that he did before he came to Kentucky. We had a scare or two (e.g. Bledsoe) but now that we are going into Cal's fourth year, I think as Kentucky fans, we have nothing to worry about. And if I'm wrong about that. I will be the first in the chow line for my crow.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.