Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Cheating College Coaches

Featured Replies

Is it because he is at UK that he's the innocent victim all of a sudden? Would this even be a thread if he was still at Memphis?

  • Replies 112
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Is it because he is at UK that he's the innocent victim all of a sudden? Would this even be a thread if he was still at Memphis?

 

That's why I'm using Drew. We UK fans can remove our blue blinders.

That's why I'm using Drew. We UK fans can remove our blue blinders.

 

And Drew is definitely fishy. More fishy than Cal in my book for the reasons that have been said. How does a coach convince that kind of talent to come to Waco, Texas to play basketball? Doesn't make sense. But, if there's no evidence......

Is it because he is at UK that he's the innocent victim all of a sudden? Would this even be a thread if he was still at Memphis?

 

Who's claiming he's an innocent victim? I've long said I think every major sports coach cheats. There's varying degrees to be sure, but they all do it and cheating is cheating.

 

One of my favorite sayings when dealing with this topic is, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying...". Do I think Cal cheats? Yes. Do I think Chris Mack cheats? Yes. How about Sean Woods when he was at MSVU? Absolutely.

 

I do believe Cal has vastly cut back on any shady activity since coming to UK, because he doesn't have to do as much, but that's the same for guys like K, Roy, Self, etc, and all the other boys at the big programs. I think the majority of the cheating comes from the Leonard Hamilton and Scott Drew's of the coaching world.

  • Author
And Drew is definitely fishy. More fishy than Cal in my book for the reasons you said. How does a coach convince that kind of talent to come to Waco, Texas to play basketball? Doesn't make sense. But, if there's no evidence......

 

If there's no evidence he can't be guilty, right?

Who's claiming he's an innocent victim? I've long said I think every major sports coach cheats. There's varying degrees to be sure, but they all do it and cheating is cheating.

 

One of my favorite sayings when dealing with this topic is, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying...". Do I think Cal cheats? Yes. Do I think Chris Mack cheats? Yes. How about Sean Woods when he was at MSVU? Absolutely.

 

I do believe Cal has vastly cut back on any shady activity since coming to UK, because he doesn't have to do as much, but that's the same for guys like K, Roy, Self, etc, and all the other boys at the big programs. I think the majority of the cheating comes from the Leonard Hamilton and Scott Drew's of the coaching world.

 

Agreed.

If there's no evidence he can't be guilty, right?

 

Absolutely. :D

Drew cheats at the highest level, and so does Lavin. Have talked to several people is both situations that have told very detailed stories...

  • Author
Drew cheats at the highest level, and so does Lavin. Have talked to several people is both situations that have told very detailed stories...

 

Does Cal?

Does Cal?

 

Cal was more about working the gray areas at Memphis with some shady stuff here and there. Doesn't have to now, and would be a fool to put what he has rolling in jeopardy...

I think the percentage of the polling is the more interesting fact than Cal edging out Drew for #1. The two of them together accounted for 70% of the responses. That's pretty strong. I mean, Calhoun only got top billing on 7% of the responses.

 

36% of coaches calling Cal the biggest cheater in college basketball suggests that he's #2 or #3 in a lot of other minds. He's likely considered a cheater by a pretty solid majority. UK fans can chalk it up to blinding jealousy, but as has been pointed out, guys like Krzyzewski, Roy Williams and Izzo aren't being called out by their peers.

Also, to the "every school does it" crowd, remember that this isn't fan opinion- these are coaches. The respondents are judging their peers by their own standards. So, if you assume a baseline level of corruption to college basketball, the answers indicate who are perceived to be the guys going above and beyond (or below and underneath, depending on your point of view).

Loved a tweet I saw about this: @steakNstiffarms: Coaches think Calipari is a cheater? Not shocking, and I'm sure he's cool with that. People also thought a child rape enabler was a saint."

Loved a tweet I saw about this: @steakNstiffarms: Coaches think Calipari is a cheater? Not shocking, and I'm sure he's cool with that. People also thought a child rape enabler was a saint."

 

:lol: :lol:

 

That's a good one.

Loved a tweet I saw about this: @steakNstiffarms: Coaches think Calipari is a cheater? Not shocking, and I'm sure he's cool with that. People also thought a child rape enabler was a saint."

 

Ouch

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.