Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Cheating College Coaches

Featured Replies

CBS Sports did a survey of D1 coaches as to who they think are the top cheaters.

 

Cal came in at #1.

Scott Drew came in at #2.

 

I think Calhoun was on the list as was Tom Crean and a few others.

 

 

Do people think Scott Drew cheats?

  • Replies 112
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without even looking at the full list, my guess would be that the list correlates directly to who brings in the most high-profile recruits year after year, regardless of any actual, foundational knowledge on rules violations.

  • Author
Without even looking at the full list, my guess would be that the list correlates directly to who brings in the most high-profile recruits year after year, regardless of any actual, foundational knowledge on rules violations.

 

Not necessarily. Roy isn't on the list. Coach K isn't. Self isn't.

Well, went ahead and looked up the list. Frankly, count me in with those that say every big-time coach is using whatever tricks are at his disposal to get good recruits and win games, but I can see justification for why people picked the way they did.

 

Calipari - It's a survey and facts notwithstanding, the reputation he has is nearly universal.

Drew - I get it. How else do you explain getting great recruits to come to Waco, Texas and go to Baylor?

Howland - Direct result of his recruiting class from this year.

Calhoun - Pretty much votes for himself doesn't he?

Crean and Rice both only got three percent so whatever.

 

As for Coach K, Williams and Self, the arguments have pretty much been that these programs have special significance and do a lot of the recruiting for themselves. I don't necessarily know how much I believe that to be true or Matt Dougherty would have done a lot better at UNC.

 

Whatever, they all subvert the rules. You enjoy the games, hope your guy doesn't get caught, and try to think about the creepiness of the recruiting process as little as possible.

  • Author
I've always felt all the big schools cheat. All of them.

 

How many do "severe cheating?"

Not necessarily. Roy isn't on the list. Coach K isn't. Self isn't.

 

Which is funny considering...

 

Gifts were 'mistake,' Roy Williams says - College basketball- NBC Sports

Truth About Duke - Encyclopedia - Myron Piggie

 

I can't recall anything about Self though.

 

And this line is priceless.

 

Basically, folks just don't believe anybody could get the likes of Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans to Memphis -- or DeMarcus Cousins, Marquis Teague and Anthony Davis to Kentucky -- without some sort of assistance from somewhere.

 

Are you kidding? You're saying its suspicious that top players would want to play for the greatest program in college basketball history? Seriously? Kentucky has been at the top of college basketball for over 60 years.

I've always felt all the big schools cheat. All of them.

 

I agree with RP here...I'll bet they all cheat in some way, shape, or form. Any time $ is involved there is somebody trying to get theirs.

 

IMO Calhoun tops any list...

  • Author

I'm still fascinated with Drew always being mentioned. Why do we think he gets mentioned?

I don't mind Cal being at #1, it usually correlates with success and jealousy among other programs.

Edited by sportsfan41

I'm still fascinated with Drew always being mentioned. Why do we think he gets mentioned?

 

Because it's universally known that he cheats...:lol:

  • Author
Because it's universally known that he cheats...:lol:

 

But no evidence? Should we accept that as enough?

How many do "severe cheating?"

 

At least half. Purely a guess, though.

  • Author
At least half. Purely a guess, though.

 

Which half do you guess Cal is in?

Which half do you guess Cal is in?

 

Let's just say I don't question for a second the Davis $200k story.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.