July 5, 201214 yr I tried, got a funky tone. What is the area code? I'll call on our independence day. I'm assuming 859
July 10, 201214 yr The best day to deal with JW is to answer the door in your underwear, scratch yourself, and say "Come on in ladies."
July 14, 201214 yr I tried, got a funky tone. What is the area code? I'll call on our independence day. Did you try my gal again with an 859 area code?
July 14, 201214 yr Well said Clyde. I am more than happy to listen to whoever comes to my door, for I respect their efforts. However I inform them that I am a practicing Roman Catholic and I'm not "jumping ship". While I can agree to a point with the bolded, I think some of us "spread the word" by our actions and deeds. Why do they have to go door to door? What else do they do to make themselves known and make someone consider the JW faith? Show me the orphanage in India that they built. Where is that well they dug in Kenya to provide water to a poor village? Any hospitals built by the JW people? Any schools built in Haiti to teach kids basic skills?
September 20, 201214 yr I went to a friends house one saturday to watch a little football and before I went in I noticed the Jehovahs in the neighborhood. When I went inside I told my friend his doorbell would be ringing soon and that it was the Jehovahs. Sure enough about 10 minutes later the doorbell rang and my buddy jumped up and immediately dropped his shorts and went to the door naked. I don't know who was more surprise, me or the Jehovahs..Needless to say they weren't interested in coming into his house..LOL..Just thought I would share.
October 13, 201213 yr I just had a visit from 2 men JW, one in his early 20s and the other middle age, a couple days ago. They were from northern Ohio. It turned into about a 40 minute visit. I asked them about the 144,000 in Heaven thing and they showed me a verse from Revelations that explained why they believed that way. I told them I respected them for their dedication but they weren't going to get many converts in Owsley County, that most of the people in the county were Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Church Of God, or or some other Protestant religion. There's also one Catholic church that was established in the early 1980s. I also told them that most people they talk to in the county are going to consider them a cult. They didn't like that idea very much and started showing me more Scripture. Finally I thanked them for stopping by and complimented them on their dedication and told them I had chores to do around the house. They then went next door to my neighbor, a member of the Church of God, and after answering the door and having a 15 second conversation, she sent them on their way. I suppose they said, "Well, I guess that last guy knew what he was talking about." Lol.
October 29, 201312 yr Great.....the new employee I'm in charge of training for the next two weeks is a self-proclaimed "Mormon mystic". This isn't going to be annoying at all.
October 29, 201312 yr I just had a visit from 2 men JW, one in his early 20s and the other middle age, a couple days ago. They were from northern Ohio. It turned into about a 40 minute visit. I asked them about the 144,000 in Heaven thing and they showed me a verse from Revelations that explained why they believed that way. I told them I respected them for their dedication but they weren't going to get many converts in Owsley County, that most of the people in the county were Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Church Of God, or or some other Protestant religion. There's also one Catholic church that was established in the early 1980s. I also told them that most people they talk to in the county are going to consider them a cult. They didn't like that idea very much and started showing me more Scripture. Finally I thanked them for stopping by and complimented them on their dedication and told them I had chores to do around the house. They then went next door to my neighbor, a member of the Church of God, and after answering the door and having a 15 second conversation, she sent them on their way. I suppose they said, "Well, I guess that last guy knew what he was talking about." Lol. I think most Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses and other missionaries accept the fact that of all the homes they visit, convincing one or even two people is a good day.
October 30, 201312 yr Great.....the new employee I'm in charge of training for the next two weeks is a self-proclaimed "Mormon mystic". This isn't going to be annoying at all. Tell him you're a Catholic Crystal Ball Gazer. And you see carpal tunnel, scurvy, and the pit of hell in his future. That should slow his roll.
October 30, 201312 yr I think most Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses and other missionaries accept the fact that of all the homes they visit, convincing one or even two people is a good day. Do you really think the rate of acceptance is that high? I'm guessing one or two a week would be a win for them? Can't see many people who have lived under a certain belief for their entire lives get convinced in an hour visit with a pamphlet that they should become a JW.
October 30, 201312 yr Tell him you're a Catholic Crystal Ball Gazer. And you see carpal tunnel, scurvy, and the pit of hell in his future. That should slow his roll. Hahaha, well, I did have a brief "look, I'm Catholic....I'm a dedicated Catholic, and I'm not interested in you trying to sell me on your religious beliefs, so please just keep the conversation to work" conversation with him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.